Menu

Local family is marching against school reading Hunger Games

Moxie

That was hilarious!!

I had a grand old time helping them see how ridiculous both Romeo and Juliet were and what a great example this play is of how NOT to do a relationship.

Me to my class: "If you are sneaking off during a huge family party to make out with guy you don't even know then swearing your undying devotion to him as he stalks you outside your window then lying to your parents then betraying your family then running off to get married at 14 to this guy you barely know then taking drugs then faking your death then actually committing suicide... News flash... You are not in love. But you may be in need of psychological help. Well, you were. But now you're dead."

All we did was read Lamb's version aloud and my kids told me all of the above!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Try voicing your atheist opinion on this board. :glare: Isn't it a right to think that worshipping a god is silly? Apparently not here. So there is no right to you opinion if you go against the majority grain.

You have every right to voice your atheist opinion on the board. Non atheists have every right to debate it with you or jump your bones over it, lol.

And 'round and 'round... and 'round.

You have every right to voice your atheist opinion on the board. Non atheists have every right to debate it with you or jump your bones over it, lol.

Actually, no one really has a 'right' to discuss anything in this board, which is privately paid for and maintained by our hostess. She has the right to limit our subject matter and expression as she sees fit.

Actually, no one really has a 'right' to discuss anything in this board, which is privately paid for an maintained by our hostess. She has the right to limit our subject matter and expression as she sees fit.

I was just being silly :)

(trying to lighten the mood a bit)

I haven't read it nor seen the movie (not that I'm opposed to it, I just haven't), although there probably are a few mainstream books I would have preferred my middle schoolers not read. However, I would never have made it a pubic statement and marched in front of the school! We would have just quietly chosen a different book. I can think of about a zillion other things that would seem more important to "march" about!

No. Those threads get locked and quickly. There is no debating what is held to be true and untouchable. That is very apparent.