Menu

French Bulldogs and Bull Mastiffs

Luanne

Does anyone here own or know of anyone who owns these two breeds of dogs? These are the two dogs we are sitting for right now. The French bulldog is about a year and a half old. She kept making this weird noise and I finally figured out it is her version of a bark. She chews on anything left in her way. The mastiff is older (not exactly sure how old) and only has one eye because the other one got an infection in it. He's a big guy and likes to sit on the bottom step like he is a person.

Your Frenchie is also possibly "debarked. " French bulldogs are often from the very worst sort of puppy mills. It amazes me that people who are otherwise conscientious and unerringly kind will buy purebreds rather than adopt from the local humane society. If there are allergy issues I understand but otherwise I must assume given the generally well formed consciences around here that many do not know about the puppy mill problem . Here is our local no kill shelter with plenty of information about why one should not buy purebred without at least seeing the parents. Harsh truth here, visually upsetting. http://www.hua.org/ I post this for those who want to know why a puppy mill is bad for all concerned. If you think this is of no moment then you go your way I will go mine and we part friends. For those who care and do find it troubling please read the section on the puppy breeding industry and share as your conscience leads you.

Your Frenchie is also possibly "debarked. " French bulldogs are often from the very worst sort of puppy mills. It amazes me that people who are otherwise conscientious and unerringly kind will buy purebreds rather than adopt from the local humane society. If there are allergy issues I understand but otherwise I must assume given the generally well formed consciences around here that many do not know about the puppy mill problem . Here is our local no kill shelter with plenty of information about why one should not buy purebred without at least seeing the parents. Harsh truth here, visually upsetting. http://www.hua.org/ I post this for those who want to know why a puppy mill is bad for all concerned. If you think this is of no moment then you go your way I will go mine and we part friends. For those who care and do find it troubling please read the section on the puppy breeding industry and share as your conscience leads you.

Actually this puppy was bought from an individual. She sort of barks. It sounds like she has a cold all the time though. LOL

Every mastiff I've ever met was convinced he/she was a lapdog. Literally. They are such adorable gentle giants.

Mr. Magoo used to think this, but as he has gotten older, he doesn't so much anymore. It is cute to see him sitting on the step though.