Menu

I went to buy Mike's and was carded

To funny Ok so I am a little over 21 (46 is actually a lot over 21) I cannot believe I was carded it is just too funny. :lol::lol: I have lost 20 pounds since June 1 and have really toned up. DH say he is going to have to start chasing me around the house, but he is not sure if he will be able to catch me.:D

Needless to say my ego received a huge lift today.

I thank the cashiers profusely when they check me and here's why:

I was 26, and it was just 2 or 3 months or so after I'd had my twins and I had the absolute privilege to go to the grocery store ALL ALONE. So, I bought dh some beer and the youngster clerk (who had to have just turned 18) asked to see my ID. I had never, ever, before been carded! I was feeling so sad, sleep deprived, aged and pathetic already (baby blues, perhaps) and I had spent about an hour wandering aimlessly around the store, and when she asked for my ID, I started to cry right there in the line. I couldn't get my license out of my wallet, and my crying turned into flat out sobbing. The gentleman behind me told the cashier to let it go, but she said she could not or she'd get fined. The lady behind that man took my wallet, fished out my ID and glared at the cashier (maybe she knew the deal from the puke down the back of my shirt that I discovered later that night when I put my pjs on???) and then kindly put it back in my wallet and slipped it into my purse because I was absolutely, ridiculously crying!

That was the first time I'd ever been carded, but now I just smile and say, 'Oh my! Cool!" and hand it over :D .

To funny Ok so I am a little over 21 (46 is actually a lot over 21) I cannot believe I was carded it is just too funny. :lol::lol: I have lost 20 pounds since June 1 and have really toned up. DH say he is going to have to start chasing me around the house, but he is not sure if he will be able to catch me.:D

Needless to say my ego received a huge lift today.

You must be HOT! With my hair now natural in color (aka: gray), I'm sure carding is a thing of my past. I envy and admire you. Please do tell how you've managed to whittle off 20 lbs. in two months. That is incredible!!

Oh, and btw, if you received cryptic rep, it was from me. Somehow I hit the send key right after I hit "G..." which was going to say "Good for you!" :D

I was 26, and it was just 2 or 3 months or so after I'd had my twins and I had the absolute privilege to go to the grocery store ALL ALONE. So, I bought dh some beer and the youngster clerk (who had to have just turned 18) asked to see my ID. I had never, ever, before been carded! I was feeling so sad, sleep deprived, aged and pathetic already (baby blues, perhaps) and I had spent about an hour wandering aimlessly around the store, and when she asked for my ID, I started to cry right there in the line. I couldn't get my license out of my wallet, and my crying turned into flat out sobbing. The gentleman behind me told the cashier to let it go, but she said she could not or she'd get fined. The lady behind that man took my wallet, fished out my ID and glared at the cashier (maybe she knew the deal from the puke down the back of my shirt that I discovered later that night when I put my pjs on???) and then kindly put it back in my wallet and slipped it into my purse because I was absolutely, ridiculously crying!

That was the first time I'd ever been carded, but now I just smile and say, 'Oh my! Cool!" and hand it over :D .

You hate to laugh when a good man is down, but that was :smilielol5:

You must be HOT! Please do tell how you've managed to whittle off 20 lbs. in two months. That is incredible!!

:D

I have been walking 5-10 miles a day, doing weights every other day and doing 100 push ups and sit ups a day. Also eating very healthy (except for fried green tomatoes that I let myself have once a week) The Mike's was for my dh;)

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks for the laugh.

I have been walking 5-10 miles a day, doing weights every other day and doing 100 push ups and sit ups a day. Also eating very healthy (except for fried green tomatoes that I let myself have once a week) The Mike's was for my dh;)

I need your motivation in my life! I am seriously impressed with what you've accomplished. Five to ten miles a day is a ton of walking, particularly in the heat we've had lately. I have been much too quick to talk myself out of being faithful to exercise, and it's disappointing to me. Tell me more about your schedule, if you would (or PM me). Do you do the walking all in one chunk or break it up? What about the sit ups and push ups (my back will not condone sit ups any longer, but crunches...:)). Talk to me about your weights program - specifically what kind of weights you're using. I'm totally serious about leeching off your motivation, so if that's not what you want, consider yourself warned.

Wow. You are inspiring!