Menu

Youtube of dd on the 2nd anniversary of her death.

Pod's mum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your comments and support. I cried through them all.

She was an uncompromising, exhausting, exasperating and difficult child, who loved and enjoyed life as verociously as she fought against what she did not want (such as hours of treatment each day, and pretty much anything anyone at the hospital wanted her to do). She bore no one any ill-will, and once she recovered from a screaming melt down could not understand why others didn't recover as completely from what had just occured. At baby playgroup once a friend stood back watching one of her melt-downs and said "I'm just waiting for her head to start spinning around".

She joined the church before us with the same complete acceptance and could not really understand why others should be so upset that she was dying. Surely that's the whole point of Christianity, that we know it is not the end. "Because we are selfish my love and we want to keep you here with us."

I have to remind myself a lot that she is so much better off, that she was just too tired and worn out just with trying to breath. She dragged an Oxygen cylinder around with her for the last few months. She looked well, and continued trying to do everything she could, but was getting more and more tired.

Normally now I get knocked into tears by the overwhelming love I can still feel for and from her, than by sorrow because she's not here with us. But yes that gets me too.

The slide show was done by her wonderful violin teacher who also accompanied us on a Make-A-Wish trip to Thailand a year before she died. We were going to go with another song and found this one. We sat there crying and laughing because it was so perfect.

Cecilia chose "Always look on the Bright Side of Life", by Monty Python to be played as she was taken from the Church.

Again thank you for letting me share my eldest girl.

That was beautiful. I know how hard it is do share these things. My oldest son's 24th birthday is coming up in March and the 3rd anniversary of his death in May. I get more emotional than my already crazy self at this time. It is a roller coaster I wish none of us ever had to be on. I want you to know from one angel mom to another that you are not alone. Thank you for sharing your beautiful baby with us.