Menu

Apparently I'm from Babel

Mom2pandc

Funny story. My dd is 6 and in first grade. And i also have a ds9. We just stared using mystery of history. Last week we did a chapter on the Tower of Babel, I explained how God changed their languages and if we were to be surrounded by people who speaks German, French, Spanish, Chinese, etc, it would sound like they were babbling.

Fast forward to yesterday, we were at ds's wrestling practice and I told dd, to not get kiwi juice on my iPad (don't eat and play). She said "yeah well you speak Spanish, I speak English and it sounds like you're babbling." And then she giggled. I started laughing so hard. Sometimes I really wonder if she understands much of our history and science that we do all together. I think she got that lesson dead on.

Most days around here I know that either the boys or I come from Babel. Either they don't understand me or I don't understand them at least half the time. Most of the incomprehensible jargon times seems to occur around either writing or math....anywhere instructions are needed...