Menu

Has anyone ever been to Bermuda?

AlmiraGulch

Tell me about it. I'm strongly considering a cruise there.

P.S. Yes, I am constantly in "travel planning" mode. I don't actually go all the places I dream/inquire about, but I will someday! I'm planning a 2015 vacation right now. It was going to be just DH and me on a Western Med cruise, starting in Paris and picking up the ship in Marseille via high speed train. We've decided to put that off another two years to 2017, which will be our 5 year anniversary anyway, and use 2015 for another big family trip. We've been all over the Caribbean. Hawaii is too expensive for airfare for 5 people. I can't bring myself to do Alaska until I'm too old/immobile to enjoy more active and WARMER places. Which brings me to my original question about Bermuda.

Bermuda is lovely, clean, warm, friendly. The water is aqua and the beaches have pink sand. We explored the island nearly a week on a rented moped. Great fun! The only thing that keeps us from returning is their weather. Being from Minnesota we generally want to travel to the beach during our cold winters. The best months to travel to Bermuda are June, July and August.

We went there on a cruise with dh's side of the family years ago...8 years, I think. It was delightful, both the cruise and the island! The pink sand beach was lovely!

The little ones and I took a horse drawn carriage ride around the island with a wonderful guide. Oldest dd and dh went helmet diving, which was a very cool experience also.

I would love to go back someday!

Thank for the info! I've been researching almost obsessively (because...well...that's just what I do) and it sounds like a great combo of warm, beautiful beach and quiet sophistication.

I would definitely go in the summer, via a cruise ship, so we'd get about 3 days on the island.

My primary concern is being in the same place while on a cruise for several days in a row. I've only ever over-nighted in a port in Hawaii. Many people don't like cruises because you really only get a long day or so in most ports before moving on to the next. That's exactly the reason I like cruising. I vacation the same way I shop...in and out. :-) Please assure me that there is plenty to do for three days straight. Ok, I'm sure there is, with the beaches and the caves and the history and just wandering about the place, but really that's what's holding me back. DD10 and I are getting SCUBA certified and I hear the reef there is pristine. I'd love to dive it!

Would you say it's good for all ages? If we go there will be two adults, one older teen and 2 pre-teens.