Menu

How many times (VENT)

jeninok

Can a reasonably healthy young family get sick in one season!

I feel like since thanksgiving we have all just been taking turns being sick. It started with me in the fall getting the mother of all sinus infections, that kept coming back for almost 6 weeks. I finally used the dogs Zymox ear drops to clear it up because antibiotics weren't helping. (it worked almost immediately, but I'm not a doctor so don't try that at home.)

Then DH a cold in mid December, then DS got a cold at Christmas that lingered for almost 2 weeks. We were healthy for most of January until DS went from fine to 103 fever and bronchitis with a stomach bug in a matter of hours. Then last week DH got the flu and I woke up this morning with what seems to be a cold.

We've been eating healthier the last 6 weeks, getting lots of fresh air and not even in public all that much, but we keep getting sick!

I didn't know dogs could carry the strep virus! We had them and the cats checked for staph when we kept getting it, and they all came back clean.

Years ago a doctor told me I was a carrier for strep, I do know we are colonized with a form of staph that can cause infections when we get run down, so we have been trying to bolster our immune systems. It isn't MRSA but it isn't fun either, and Im pretty sure it was the cause of my recurrent sinus issues this fall.

I just took one of my Allegra D, some Sambucol, probiotics, and C. I'm trying to nip it in the bud!