Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amo_mea_filiis.

What's for dinner?

We're a bit heavy on carbs tonight! I forgot my cards in my father's car last Thursday so i didnt have a chance to go food shopping. But i think its a good thing. We have food, and money will roll over that i would have spent.

Anyway, we each picked something. I LOVE black eyed peas. Dd picked rice cooked in chicken broth. Ds wanted biscuits.

I'm steaming up a pot of brown rice, later I will thinly slice some chicken to stir fry with snow peas, thinly sliced carrots, green onions.

Kids can eat leftover lasagne.

Baked chx with almond crust, spinach salad, sweet potatoes.

We've been using EZ meals menus lately and they work for us about 3 or 4 nights a week, though I always add a vegggie or a salad.

It's kind of catch as catch can around here tonight. My son has choir followed by tap class, and my daughter needs me to pick her up from the dance studio where she's interning at 6:00 and deliver her promptly to a tech rehearsal for the show she's opening this weekend. So, I baked two kinds of bread earlier. My daughter made herself hummus sandwiches and packed them to eat in the car between work and rehearsal. My son is eating mashed potatoes and apple slices with a ginormous glass of chocolate soy milk right now (I know, but it was filling and fit the schedule) and will eat some healthy snacks (protein bar, banana, etc.) in the car between choir and dance.

I left some sliced bread and a plate of cheese and onion slices so my husband can assemble some sandwiches for himself whenever he gets home.

I will eat something at some point, when I get a chance to breathe.

I've got BBQ pork chops, potatoes, and carrots going in the crockpot. Adding some cornbread and beans to that to round out the meal.

It smells soooo good in here!

I'm making mac and cheese in the crock pot with whole wheat pasta. It's yum yum yummy! We'll have left over steamed green beans on the side.

I am making something that I have not made in an age. Chicken/spinach meatballs and cracked wheat cooked in vegetable juice. The bulgar (cracked wheat) is toasted with garlic, then the V-8 and some water is added. It is now in a covered bowl contemplating. Later I will make the meatballs, fry them a bit, then add the cracked wheat mixture back to the skillet where the flavors are allowed to meld.

My husband always liked this meal. I don't know why I had forgotten about it.

I am planning on sloppy joes tonight. Thinking of making them with half beef and half lentils, I havent ever done that, so wondering if it would be a good idea. Probably a nice salad on the side.

I "plan" to make a new chicken orzo dish but today is not going as planned.... Dh will probably get the choice of

making the new dish or picking something up on his way home. If I weren't on here, it would help but I stopped by

on my way to print something :laugh:

Baked chicken drumsticks with yummy seasoning, carrots baked with dates and coconut oil, seasoned rice, sugar snap peas. Kids and dh also getting crescent rolls.

We are having spaghetti with jarred sauce that I added some hamburger, garlic, onions, and some spices to, French bread with butter and parm cheeses, and a green salad.

I "plan" to make a new chicken orzo dish but today is not going as planned.... Dh will probably get the choice of

making the new dish or picking something up on his way home. If I weren't on here, it would help but I stopped by

on my way to print something :laugh:

And the "picking something up" wins..... pizza it is....

I stir fried pork cubes with cabbage and onions, splashed with vinegar, seasoned with curry powder, salt, and pepper. We ate it with rice and lima beans. I don't know what you would call it.

We're having this thing we call Indian tacos.

Instead of beef, it is grilled curried chicken.

Instead of taco sauce, it is yogurt with mint, cumin and lemon.

Instead of taco shells, it is naan.

Instead of lettuce, tomato and cheese, it is lettuce, cucumber, red pepper and red onion.

ETA: I had fresh cilantro, so we added that as a topping, too. This is one of my ds's most frequent requests. He says it's even better with the cilantro. Yummy!

We're having a venison-vegetable soup with cornbread. My son is so happy to have harvested the deer that is feeding the family tonight.

We're having carrot coconut curry soup with some left-over gingered chicken on the side. It is grey and cold here today so a big pot of warm, spicy soup is perfect.

fried rice per request of son who earned another martial arts belt this weekend, and pork chops (with the rest of the rice) for hubby and ds 9

Italian Wedding Soup with spicy, tiny meatballs; homemade rolls; and a spinach salad with walnut vinaigrette.

What do you put in the meatballs to make them spicy? We love Italian wedding soup.

Instead of lettuce, tomato and cheese, it is lettuce, cucumber, red pepper and red onion.

Mmmmm that sounds really good!

We were supposed to go out to pub trivia tonight, but it's cold and wet so we're staying home. We're having Chicken Milanese with lemon broccoli brown rice and a small side salad. And wine... it feels so chilly tonight might be a two glass night.

What do you put in the meatballs to make them spicy? We love Italian wedding soup.

Just saw this! I use half ground beef and half spicy italian sausage for our meatballs.

We are having a roast in the crockpot, either mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese, and sauted sugar snap peas and red/yellow bell peppers.

It has been snowing all day, so a roast seemed perfect!

Complete repeat of Sunday's dinner: roasted chicken, farro risotto, roasted carrots and turnips in a maple glaze. I carved just enough chicken for this meal and then froze the rest in one-cup units for future use; also made stock with giblets, carcass, and vegetable odds and ends that I keep in my freezer.

Tonight we are having strip steaks, some broccolini, a big green salad and blackberries with yogurt for dessert.

ETA: I had fresh cilantro, so we added that as a topping, too. This is one of my ds's most frequent requests. He says it's even better with the cilantro. Yummy!

That is really weird...the hospital my DD goes to sells these all the time for lunch.no fresh cilantro, tho.

lastnight-- pizza

tonight-- crockpot chicken drumsticks, potatoes and onions.

probably cook some carrots too.

Kids are asking for a dessert, so I might do the ww spice cake mix/canned pumpkin thing... they love that.