Menu

My dh loses weight annoyingly fast...

Pink Fairy

I hear ya. DH went on a low carb diet to get his triglycerides under control. He didn't go on it to lose weight, but it just seemed to melt off. He had to specifically start bumping up carbs at one point because he wouldn't stop losing weight. Friends kept telling him that he needed to eat more.

Erica in OR

Well, at least it's not just me. I could live on lettuce leaves and water for a week and not lose 13 freakin pounds.

It's the lettuce leaves.

That stuff is PACKED with hidden calories! ;)

And don't even get me started on the water. :eek:

That's why I prefer Doritos and Coca-Cola.

I won't lose 13 pounds from those, either, but at least I'll be happy. :)

It's a guy thing.

It's a BAD, BAD, BAD guy thing.

Especially if they gloat about it. :glare:

Yes, like when you're sitting at dinner and trying to figure out if you can have that piece of bread (by putting everything else you've eaten into MYFITNESSPAL) and your dh says that he has 500 more calories left for the day (after eating 2 peices of bread) and wonders what you have for dessert. :glare:

Yes, like when you're sitting at dinner and trying to figure out if you can have that piece of bread (by putting everything else you've eaten into MYFITNESSPAL) and your dh says that he has 500 more calories left for the day (after eating 2 peices of bread) and wonders what you have for dessert. :glare:

Not that I'm suggesting it or anything, but if you kill him, not a jury in the world would convict you.

(You'd just have to be sure to get some female jurors.)

I'll be the voice of dissent. My dh is not like this. He has to work hard to lose any weight. The scale barely budges. He gets frustrated and gives up. It hurts me to see him so frustrated. I wish wish he could lose weight without trying.

Aw, I wish your dh had it as easy as mine too. In fact, I wish it was that easy for everyone! Me especially, lol.

Well, at least you don't have a perky girl at Sam's Club trying to sell you a supplement for belly fat while telling your dh he looks like Lance Armstrong. Dh didn't think that was a compliment considering... However, dh is riding his bike again, and it doesn't take much for him to look like he could be on the circuit.

He can't understand why it is so hard for me.

Because his hormones are different than yours. Estrogen loves to hang onto fat. Loves it. Women need fat for pgs and breastfeeding and estrogen and our DNA makes sure we hang onto fat stores. The hips and thighs are the most important zones for fat storage. This is why men (universally) find a woman with a good size hips (size 35 hip seems to be the fave) attractive.

Funny thing is that the fashion world has gone completely against the natural likings of what men find desirable. Non curvy women are not the universal standard for attractiveness. I say this with a bit of chagrin because I happen to be a non curvy very thin woman. Ah, well. I've been hoping that bustles come back into style. :thumbup1:

For the record, according to the magazine article (Psychology Today) talking about the average body shape men universally find attractive (either conscious or unconscious level) is a bust of 35, waist 23, and hips 35 (in inches).

He can't understand why it is so hard for me.

This is the part that is really frustrating. I grew up in a house where my dad ate anything he wanted and never exercised. When he'd get about 20 lbs overweight (he was 6'2") he'd cut sugar for a couple of weeks and it was gone. My mom exercised regularly, ate carefully and struggled with her weight always. He never understood and gave her a very hard time.

Dh loses easier than I do, but he knows I work out an hour a day 5 days/week and record every bite of food I take or I blow up like a balloon. At least he gets it.

I guess we are the odd balls...I can drop weight easily and dh has the harder time. And he is younger than me!

My dh struggles to loose weight He even has to be careful to maintain weight. I can no longer just declare I'm loosing weight and it be gone. But it doesn't require much more work than that.

Pffft. Aren't' they horrible?

Now, I do agree that low carb is the way to go, but in our local paper, we have a 'challenge' every January where 6 locals are picked and it's like a Biggest Loser contest.

the men? Constantly blow the women away with weight loss. The men will lose 30 pounds in two weeks and the women will lose 3.