Menu

Memoria Press Grammar?

Hunter

It's new, but I plan on using it next year. My understanding is that it focuses on rules memorization and doesn't get into diagramming until Book 2.

It was made to replace Rod and Staff-- it was used in their plans before MP made their own grammar. It is designed with the thought that you would also be doing Latin.

If you have specific questions you may want to ask on the MP forums- they are extremely helpful

Can the English Grammar manual be used as a stand alone product? I tried to order it, but I don't seem to have an account there despite having ordered from there before :confused: I hope they will contact me soon with assistance.

I loved teaching grammar by teaching Latin first. But Latin is too time consuming to teach to my tutoring students. I'm still stuck in an ultra minimalist radical LCC mode though, and am really struggling to settle down into what I need to clean up my own self-education and to tutor with. And my worst grammar mistakes are those not rectified by all my past Latin, Greek, and Hebrew studies.

I've got some really good stuff here. I'm learning a lot by reading them. None seem just right. Maybe there is no right. But...I can't help looking. I want to teach grammar explicitly with copywork, dictation, recitations and sentence compositions. The English Grammar Manual looked like it might be a catechism? I'm not so interested in the yearly workbooks. I abhor my students seeing incorrect grammar; I prefer assigning compositions or doing dictation.

When I asked about their grammar on their forum, I was told this:

"The manual is simply the questions and the answers for all the grammar rules MP will cover with their grammar series. It does not have any exercises."

Maybe that helps?

When I asked about their grammar on their forum, I was told this:

"The manual is simply the questions and the answers for all the grammar rules MP will cover with their grammar series. It does not have any exercises."

Maybe that helps?

Yes it does. I think I only need the rules. Is the manual sold anywhere other than MP? Or is it still too new?