Menu

SOTW3 with grammar and logic stage dc

I have similar ages for SOTW 3 for next year.

My 12yo is using the list from TWTM for 7th grade reading. This would just be a list of literature, but I find for the history reading, if she is doing extra Kingfisher or Usborne work, then the picture books will be fine. And often we all really want to see some of the things we have been learning about!

I am just going to have her read through them in order. Many of them may take longer then the week we have scheduled for each chapter anyway. If she is off by a week or even a month, it won't be a big deal.

I am using the reading list in AG for SOTW3, but I was looking for "older" books to give ds12.5!!

http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/history.htm

Hope this link to Paula's archives works. It's a run down of books by period. I was using it to figure out which "older" books went with which decades so that I could do them as read-alouds for us.

ETA: Here's another one: http://www.abookintime.com/index.html

Hi Jane,

I got your PM. I haven't completely assembled all my books, but I used the charts created by Laura in China and... oh my goodness.. Michelle, I think. Gracious, it was such a helpful list. I hope she'll speak up - and I apolgize. I deleted the email and now I can't remember. I'm sososo sorry!

Laura's is on her blog - on homeschool blogger.

Anyway, I will be listing my books, but I haven't gotten there yet, so I'll probably list them as I use them on my blog. Mine are 2nd and 3rd grade... so I know that doesn't help with your jr high student. :)

Good Luck!

Thanks Laura! The lists on your blog were helpful. I wish I was so organized.

Thanks for helping me Darcy! I shall be checking out the barbarians book lists as we go through SOTW3 this year.

I am trying to use the lists in TWTM but I wanted them to match younger dc's topics. Ds12 is wondering why I am on the computer every day studying history when it is supposed to be summer break. He says there is plenty of time for school prep....how little he knows about how much preparation us hs moms (and dads) do!!! :)

Hi Jane,

I got your PM. I haven't completely assembled all my books, but I used the charts created by Laura in China and... oh my goodness.. Michelle, I think. Gracious, it was such a helpful list. I hope she'll speak up - and I apolgize. I deleted the email and now I can't remember. I'm sososo sorry!

I have a chart of things I did with each chapter of SOTW 3 that I sent to Darcy. I will e-mail you Jane with the chart.