Menu

Am I the only one who thinks Kate Winslet in the Titanic

Remudamom

Now I'm going to feel like an idiot when I say that I really liked it. I just watched it a few weeks ago. It never fails to make me cry. I saw it in the theater and wanted to go see it again - I never do that.

I watched it once at the theater but remember it more wheni saw it at IMAX. I liked it except for hating it due to the fact that I can't stand to think of all those people dying.

The jack and rose element was a bit sappy for my taste but I think she is beautiful. Love the actress who plays her as an old lady.

Wow. We've been looking at Titanic trivia and the animals were fascinating. Three small dogs survived. One woman refused to leave her big dog and was found days later floating dead with her arms wrapped around the dog. 8(

A cat who had been the ship's cat disembarked before the last journey, going up and down the gangplank removing her kittens one at a time. Again, wow.

If Jack knew enough to get Rose up out of the freezing water, then why didn't he get himself up on some piece of something floating in the water, too? Surely that wasn't the only door floating around.

As for her selling the necklace, I think something that big and supposedly well-known would have been listed as lost in the newspaper and probably in jewelers' newsletters. She probably couldn't have sold it because it was essentially stolen property. Her new lifestyle did not give her opportunities to wear such jewelry.

I didn't see the movie when it came out, and had no desire to. I decided it would be one of the weird promises I made to myself--I'd never watch Titanic, I'd never play putt putt golf, I'd never use a port-a-potty, or watch Gone With The Wind.

Unfortunately, dh found an old dvd of Titanic last year. I thought KW was attractive, didn't understand why people said she was too fat, and was totally unimpressed by the movie. I much prefer, as far as sinking ship movies, Poseidon Adventure with Shelly Winters!

I just loved Shelley Winters!!!

Funny this movie is a topic today. I own it & I let dd12 and ds9 watch it with me Friday night. It was their first time to see it. I think Kate Winslet is a perfect Rose. I think she is gorgeous...that flaming red hair and real curves! My children didn't think she was pretty, though. And I cried buckets again, even though it was probably at least the tenth time I've watched it. My ds9 cried when the mother was reading to her children in bed, knowing that they were all about to die. He didn't cry about Jack, though. My dd12, who very rarely cries at movies, said it was sad; but she did not cry one tear. I will admit that I LOVE this movie, even though it depresses me.

My husband and I went and saw it in the theater--like on the second day it played--and we agreed afterwards that the cardboard love story was just there to give a bit of coherence to all the more affecting tragedy going on around them, like the mom tucking her children in (*sob*) and the married couple and so on. I guess we kind of missed the point of the movie...but yeah KW's head is way bigger than Leo's! :lol: