Menu

Hi to my WTM friends

Hi to my WTM friends,

I've been out of touch here for a while, and it surely looks different. It's nice to see so many parents over here, still homeschooling high school as always. We're still homeschooling, too, although youngest is taking 2 college classes each semester this year, so homeschool seems to get put on the back burner but we're working on some balance.

I appreciate all the prayers and support that were sent our way last summer. It really does make a difference to know people care. For those who weren't around then, I lost my husband after a long battle with cancer. We're doing okay, trying to keep warm this winter in Minnesota. I still update over on Shane's Caring Bridge about every month or so, since folks worry and maybe sometimes just wonder what do you do in a situation like ours.

I've checked in on this board now and again, but today my friend Crystal said someone needed more conversation about My Father's World and, of course, we can't have folks not getting enough coversation about that, eh?

Well, we'll see if I've figured this new board out. Better add a year to my kids' ages etc. Just wanted to say hi and another thanks for your warm kindness last summer.

Julie

Julie,

So glad to see you post. I along with many others have missed you! Many prayers have been sent up for you and your family. I promise that I will continue. I have been down this road twice with one of my best friends. She lost her first husband when we were in our 30's and two years ago lost her second husband. Keep surrounding yourself with loved ones. She would tell you that time is the best healer and that life WILL be sweet again!

Blessings,

Jennifer

Julie,

I am so glad to see you back on the forum! Your posts and advice have helped me often, especially your rec for Math Relief, which has eliminated math frustration in our home. I have thought about you often and will continue to pray for you and your family.

Wow, how fun to remember all the "names."

Hi to South Dakot and others suffering this storm. We had a lot of snow/sleet today, but that means it was above zero, so what's better, shoveling or freezing?! Minnesotans don't stay home for anything unless they live way out in the country.

And so glad 1togo mentioned Math Relief - we miss Mr. Firebaugh greatly, since he only does Algebra. I'll have to look for Algebra posts over here and recommend him some more. Okay, I'm looking at the new smilies and what does gnorsi mean? I see a salute and a disappear :confused1:

Thanks everyone. This thread was something to look forward to today.

Julie

Hi to my WTM friends,

I've been out of touch here for a while, and it surely looks different. It's nice to see so many parents over here, still homeschooling high school as always. We're still homeschooling, too, although youngest is taking 2 college classes each semester this year, so homeschool seems to get put on the back burner but we're working on some balance.

I appreciate all the prayers and support that were sent our way last summer. It really does make a difference to know people care. For those who weren't around then, I lost my husband after a long battle with cancer. We're doing okay, trying to keep warm this winter in Minnesota. I still update over on Shane's Caring Bridge about every month or so, since folks worry and maybe sometimes just wonder what do you do in a situation like ours.

I've checked in on this board now and again, but today my friend Crystal said someone needed more conversation about My Father's World and, of course, we can't have folks not getting enough coversation about that, eh?

Well, we'll see if I've figured this new board out. Better add a year to my kids' ages etc. Just wanted to say hi and another thanks for your warm kindness last summer.

Julie

Waving! And sending lots of hugs.

Nan

Hey Julie,

You have been missed and prayed for. Sending hugs your way today as I know that grief is not a linear process and that there are just *those days.* Please continue to pop in and contribute to this forum. So much good knowledge you have to share! I pray that you are finding a new rhythm to your days and experiencing pockets of joy as well.

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Julie, I am so glad to see you back here.

I had to bite my tongue too many times during the elections because I couldn't think of who to ask my pressing questions who would know I was sincere in the search for knowledge. From here on "the other side of the fence," I have really missed you and your wisdom. Take care and know that you are thought of often.

Now about those "physical science" courses... :tongue_smilie: