Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kinsa

UPDATED AGAIN: UPDATED: What would you think if you read this on your 15yo son's phone?

Your "resolution" is even more frightening than your first post. If you are afraid that reporting the incident would embarrass your son, think about the humiliation and danger that could result from this man continuing to stalk him. He knows your former address, why would you think that your current one is a secret?

:iagree:

I know you want this to be over and done, but red flags are still flying for many of us.

I don't mean to be creepy, but maybe the dad (the guy) is the "girl". I'd still contact the police. That's just me, though.

:iagree: I am not sure that I would feel the situation is resolved just because of finding that information out. In fact, unless I knew for a fact that the guy had a daughter, I think I might feel worse.

A lot of people here continue to be concerned. But how did Karen get the girl's last name? IF she got it from her son, I would take this as a good sign.

A man who is pretending to be a young teenaged girl would go to greater lengths to hide his unusual last name. (The OP, in the updated first post, says this is an unusual last name.) Remember, ANYone can get a phone number via Google Talk from ANY area code, and there are plenty of apps out there that mask the ID of the caller. If this person were suspect, they surely would have done some simple things to hide tracks. There are really very simple measures, and most of your kids are probably more aware of them that you are.

Of course, the 'girl' could be lying about her name. I would urge you STRONGLY to go to the Police. If it is innocent, the girl will certainly think twice about pulling this kind of 'fun' again. If it isn't, one less sicko scumbag out there preying on our children.

At the very least, contact the girl's father. He needs to know what his daughter is doing.

If you are concerned about the dad's Military career, I can respect that. I know Military life has its own protocols and such.