Menu

Please Pray for my Friend's Daughter to Come Home. Safely.

cin

Please pray for M and G. They have 10 children (3 adopted). One of their teenage daughters ran away Wednesday night. they think she is with a much older man. She is 16. In addition to this, one of their adopted daughters (possibly not adopted, just guardianship thing) is in the hospital. She came to the family from somewhere in Africa, I think, for medical care and several surgeries. My friend homeschools, and her children range in age from around 21 down to 6.

Thank You so much.

Please pray for M and G. They have 10 children (3 adopted). One of their teenage daughters ran away Wednesday night. they think she is with a much older man. She is 16. In addition to this, one of their adopted daughters (possibly not adopted, just guardianship thing) is in the hospital. She came to the family from somewhere in Africa, I think, for medical care and several surgeries. My friend homeschools, and her children range in age from around 21 down to 6.

Thank You so much.

I'm sorry. Praying.

This has hit a lot of us especially hard, because she is one of those super good girls. Active in youth group, etc. It's an in your face 'if it can happen to her, it can happen to anybody' type of thing, sort of like the Elizabeth Smart thing: good family, mom's home, dad's very involved, family vacations with ALL the kids, etc.

Also, it is posted on our church's facebook page, so I'll share the link here. I'm sure they would love to see prayers from around the world! Plus, you never know where she might be, and who might find her!

http://www.facebook.com/faithchurchmilford?fref=ts

Cin, How terrible! Yes, will pray! Did the older kids offer any insight regarding their sister? Look on her computer? Talk to her friends? That "may" point M/G and/or police in the right direction. Hugs and prayers!

ETA: Police can't do an AMBER ALERT because she willingly left - that was on the fb page. I do NOT (screaming here) understand this. She is a MINOR!

Cin, How terrible! Yes, will pray! Did the older kids offer any insight regarding their sister? Look on her computer? Talk to her friends? That "may" point M/G and/or police in the right direction. Hugs and prayers!

ETA: Police can't do an AMBER ALERT because she willingly left - that was on the fb page. I do NOT (screaming here) understand this. She is a MINOR!

Yeah, that Amber Alert thing had me scratch my head too. 16 yr olds USUALLY do not leave home ENTIRELY of their own choice. minimally, they have been brainwashed some. Someone has to be assisting them, usually, it's an adult...custodial interference at the least. And an Amber Alert.

Thank you all! I am sharing a note from her mom. Unfortunately, there's no news. I cannot imagine one child having surgery and another missing. The heartache! Thank you all so much! I will keep you all posted, as best I can.

Mark, and I are deeply humbled and blessed by the out-pour of love and support we've gotten for our family.

We are coming up on 48 hours and still very little to share or update you on.

Grace is being prayed for by thousands of people across the Nation!!

If anyone has any information, any leads, any ideas.... We are willing to look at everything!

Today we continued to walk our journey with Netsai at Shriners Hospital where she

underwent another surgery. This time for her face and lower lip. It was very successful and she's resting peacefully.

We are so thankful for the meals, prayers, help with the kids, visits and notes.

I wish I could respond to each one.... Just know that all your words have deeply touched our whole family! Love to all of you!!

update? have prayed. oh, how I hope she has returned home!

According to the FB page, she still is not home.

It is so hard when there is an appeal to prayer or help and then you can't find out what happened to the person.

Good thing for Facebook, right.

I hope Grace gets home safely but I am afraid for her...

This has hit a lot of us especially hard, because she is one of those super good girls. Active in youth group, etc. It's an in your face 'if it can happen to her, it can happen to anybody' type of thing, sort of like the Elizabeth Smart thing: good family, mom's home, dad's very involved, family vacations with ALL the kids, etc.

Also, it is posted on our church's facebook page, so I'll share the link here. I'm sure they would love to see prayers from around the world! Plus, you never know where she might be, and who might find her!

http://www.facebook....milford?fref=ts

Praying for her to be found or come home. I'm confused about the reference to Elizabeth Smart though... she was kidnapped, not a runaway.

Praying for her to be found or come home. I'm confused about the reference to Elizabeth Smart though... she was kidnapped, not a runaway.

I don't know why that comparison was used.

cin hasn't posted on this thread for a week.

I just bumped it for Sheryl bc Sheryl's such a sweetheart!

Thank you all so much for praying and sharing the page. There is a facebook page now, Help Find Grace. Please continue to share and pray. There has been no word. I think there was one lead, but it was a dead end. We are all doing as much as we can for the family. Netsai came through the surgery very well!

Just saw that she has been found and is safe!! From the FB page:

We cannot thank you enough for your prayers and support during this difficult ordeal. Please join us in praising God that Grace's whereabouts are now known and she is safe.

Out of respect for Grace, we will not be sharing any details. We covet your prayers as we reunite as a family. We could not have made it through the last three weeks without your help. Please understand our need for privacy at this time.

Just saw that she has been found and is safe!! From the FB page:

We cannot thank you enough for your prayers and support during this difficult ordeal. Please join us in praising God that Grace's whereabouts are now known and she is safe.

Out of respect for Grace, we will not be sharing any details. We covet your prayers as we reunite as a family. We could not have made it through the last three weeks without your help. Please understand our need for privacy at this time.

Thank God.

Thanks for updating this. I appreciate knowing the outcome of these prayer requests.

PTL!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I'm just now checking back and read all of the responses! I have goosebumps "literally" running up my arms. So incredibly glad she is safe. Surely they still need much prayer. May God's peace fill them up and overflowing. May His mercy be unending as this family heals.