Menu

Where can I buy decent looking mattes & frames for art posters that aren't costly?

I would love to get some prints of artwork I love at allposters.com, but having it framed by them is very expensive. I don't want to just tape a poster on my wall, though. Does anyone know of a place where I could buy the mattes and frames inexpensively and frame them myself? Thanks!

A craft or hobby store would be a good bet. You could also look for a framer who would cut your materials for you and let you assemble everything yourself.

We work with a wholesale moulding company who simply cuts and wraps the frame pieces for us. We assemble and frame our work at home.

A craft or hobby store would be a good bet. You could also look for a framer who would cut your materials for you and let you assemble everything yourself.

We work with a wholesale moulding company who simply cuts and wraps the frame pieces for us. We assemble and frame our work at home.

I agree. If you have a Michael's or an A.C.Moore nearby, they would have good deals on frames complete with matt and glass. Posters (art prints) are generally a standard size, so you should be able to purchase a ready-made frame. If not, Michaels' does custom work also. They have a coupon in the paper usually and their frames go on sale quite often.

Online, you could try Graphik Dimensions.