Menu

Science for kindergarten?

visitor

We do Elemental Science. I boutght the paperback version but it comes in a pdf/digital format too. My DD has loved it. Mixture of seat work and experiments. But the whole lession last for 20 min or less. Good luck!

I've been wondering about this. Are you using the grammar stage biology book from the Classic Series or are you using the preschool curriculum?

The first BFSU book is for K-3 and the pdf is $5, if you want to look at starting something that could keep on going. You don't need three years to get through, but you could choose some lessons to really linger on, or intersperse them with some of the other cool suggestions you've gotten.

The first BFSU book is for K-3 and the pdf is $5, if you want to look at starting something that could keep on going. You don't need three years to get through, but you could choose some lessons to really linger on, or intersperse them with some of the other cool suggestions you've gotten.

We started BFSU in pre-k and are going through it slowly, about a lesson a month, along with interest-led science and nature study.

Where do you get the PDF for 5?

TWTM suggests a 3-ring binder for science. In my son's we have almost a dozen pages. Some are printed science pictures he colored and labled. Some are directions for science projects we did. Some are observations such as his drawings of plants in my garden. I bought a pack of page protectors. It's really getting cooler to add another page to "the science book".

I just started homeschooling my 2nd grader this year and we are using BFSU. We are working at about one lesson per week but I look forward to starting over and going much slower with my younger one next year for Kindy. It is a really great foundation in science (as the name imples :)) and is also quite open ended to add in other things or delve into a topic if desired. Also, the Let's read and find out science books are a great science resource.

We haven't done much yet - but I just got the little hands Science Play book. I like the looks of Science is Simple (I think is the title - little girl on cover) and because we're pretty living books-ish... I really like these vintage readers I run across sometimes, they're usually called "read and learn" or things like that - there are a couple different series, and they're basically science story books.

If I had to pick one thing, though, it would just be nature walks and nature collections. I plan on doing that as a thread and just adding activities for fun from the books.