Menu

What kind of shoes does your preteen girl wear, besides sneakers?

Shellydon

When not in sneakers she is either in combats, dance shoes or her 1 pair of dress shoes (with slight heel) in summer she wears flip flops/in winter her snow boots. generally if not at cadets or dance class she is in sneakers the rest of the time though occasionally she wears her combats out instead of sneakers. to go to church etc she wears her sneakers usually, her dress shoes are for things like formal mess dinners etc.

English riding boots is her current favorite footware. She loves them so much she wants to wear them with everything and has tried to wear them with yoga pants tucked in. It gives her kind of a Patton circa 1942 look. We're pretty unstylish in my house but I still wouldn't let her wear that out. :)

She also has a pair of Mary Janes from Lands End but doesn't wear them as much since she got her boots.

To give you an idea of fashion sense - 100% of the people in the house currently are wearing Doctor Who shirts and didn't realize the other people in the household were as well. Maybe I'm not the one to give fashion ideas.

In cooler weather, dd tends to wear boots (either a suede pair or her lightweight hiking boots).

In hot weather, she tends to stick to flip-flops most of the time.

She does have a pair of black Sketchers/mary jane style to wear if she needs to dress up a bit more.

my 9 year old can wear women's size 5 like her grandma ;-) So yes, she's starting to wear some women's shoes this year. She has tennis shoes, vans, and a pair of fuzzy boots. No church shoes this year b/c our church is so casual they don't care....so she got the vans instead this year. I noticed she rarely wears the tennis shoes out and about. But you always need that right? lol In the house she's barefoot year round....

DD14 has

Ugg boots

Rocket Dog sweater boots

Rocket Dog flats

Upper calf cowboyish style boots with a heal.

Short flat boots

Running shoes (she only wears them for PE or running though)

A pair each of pink and black, New Balance tennis shoes (Flat, no arch but very cute so they are not great for PE or running LOL)

a couple pair of Vans

A pair of plaid flats

Grey fabric (with a dusting of sparkles) dress flats.

a few pair of flip flops

I know there are a few more but those are the ones she wears most often. She hasn't changed shoe sizes in 2 years so she has finally started collecting shoes and not outgrowing them. She also has started buying some of her own with Christmas money etc.

DD (almost 11) likes her brown leather boots, slightly higher than ankle. They look great with jeans. She also has black ankle boots and taller black boots. She wears ballet flats sometimes with skirts. She has sandals for summer. She also has a couple of Mary Jane style shoes that she wears with skirts or with jeans.