Menu

What are your Scouts working on? (Boys & Girls)

Granny_Weatherwax

I cannot for the life of me find the older thread; maybe it was lost in the switch or maybe I simply forgot what it was called.

I like hearing about what other scouting families have on their calendars and how the boys/girls are doing.

--

I'll go first.

DS completed the Search & Rescue Merit Badge today; this is his 51st!. He enjoyed it immensely (in that nonchalant 15yo manner) and thinks he might be interested in further investigation into some of the opportunities available through SAR. He is thinking that his SCUBA cert might come in handy.

His Eagle project is on hold until better/warmer weather returns.

He is still working on the Cooking, Insect Study and Chess merit badges.

He is thinking about Lifesaving and Hiking merit badges but I don't know how serious he is.

He is applying to be a CIT for a couple of weeks before heading for Jambo.

He enjoys his new troop and wishes he would have transferred years ago.

He is getting his hopes up for OA this year.

So my DS is 12 and a Tenderfoot. He's waiting to have a Board of Review for his 2nd and 1st Classes. He's just starting on his first few merit badges. He's doing the Amphibian and Reptile one and Gardening. He's excited and so is my dh. My ds just got back this afternoon from an overnight in the mountains where he was cold. But loved it nonetheless.

My 10yo DS is a Webelo. He's doing the Family Member Activity Badge with us and the Outdoorsman with his Pack (of 2). Along with the Pet Care belt loop. He's almost finished all of the belt loops and just in time.

I know you meant Boy Scouts, but my 7yo dd is a Brownie Girl Scout and works hard on her requirements too. She's doing a Journey and a Heritage badge now. I used to be my boys' Cub Scout leaders but once my younger turned 10 I moved onto being a GS leader. Never thought we'd be so into any type of Scouting, but we're all having fun here.

• Like 2

So my DS is 12 and a Tenderfoot. He's waiting to have a Board of Review for his 2nd and 1st Classes. He's just starting on his first few merit badges. He's doing the Amphibian and Reptile one and Gardening. He's excited and so is my dh. My ds just got back this afternoon from an overnight in the mountains where he was cold. But loved it nonetheless.

My 10yo DS is a Webelo. He's doing the Family Member Activity Badge with us and the Outdoorsman with his Pack (of 2). Along with the Pet Care belt loop. He's almost finished all of the belt loops and just in time.

I know you meant Boy Scouts, but my 7yo dd is a Brownie Girl Scout and works hard on her requirements too. She's doing a Journey and a Heritage badge now. I used to be my boys' Cub Scout leaders but once my younger turned 10 I moved onto being a GS leader. Never thought we'd be so into any type of Scouting, but we're all having fun here.

Yay for your boys.

And I think I said 'girls' too. I want to hear about girl scouts as well. I am so glad you shared your daughter's progress.

I went back and changed the title for you. ;)

I'll play.

DS12 has his BOR for 2nd class Tuesday and his Scoutmaster conference for 1st class the following week. He just got his Welding merit badge, is halfway through Citizen in the Community, does First Aid at Merit Badge U in a couple weeks, and has started Orienteering, Citizen in the Nation, and Enviro Science.

I am encouraging him to be working on 3 at all times, just to keep momentum going. We are fortunate in that the local tech college just started offering several 1-day merit badge courses, hence Welding. He's planning on Electronics, Chemistry, and Nuclear Science there as well.

As we get into boy scouts, I'm enjoying seeing what everyone is doing!

P.S. DS9 just finished his 11th Webs activity badge. I'm afraid he'll have them all by the end of his Web I year.

• Like 1

What is your son's Eagle Project? Harry is already planning his or at least thinking that he'd like to do one.

He is working with a local nature preserve and is removing an invasive tree from a selected area of the property.

It is so much work. He already has over 400 work hours into the project and needs about two or three more work days in order to complete the project.

He had to stop work once winter hit because the trees are no longer absorbing the poison. Once the weather warms up and the trees start running sap, he'll get back to work.

DS wants to earn the Hornaday so his project was designed to meet those requirements as well as Eagle.

• Like 2

My Webelo is currently working on his scientist, athlete and craftsman (is that right? Craftsman?) badges. They have crossover in a couple of months.

My AHG girl is working on several badges: Photography, Citizenship and Goverment, Camping, Nature and Wildlife, Memory Maker...and there is something I am forgetting...hmmm...we hope to have all but the camping wrapped up by the time we move.

• Like 1

DS12 is working on second class. He just changed troops because of some issues with the old one, so he's also learning what scouts is really supposed to be like.

My younger just finished is second Pi pin for the NOVA award. My wolves want to be the first cubbies to earn the Supernova award in our council, so that's been our focus since they earned rank. I'm also cubmaster and the entire pack is working toward their regular NOVA award -- they decided to try to be the first full pack to earn the basic award in our district. I love it when the boys set their own goals! About 1/3 of the boys have earned the patch so far. It's been really cool. We've made volcanoes, solar system models, toured a science museum and a waste energy plant. At our last pack meeting, we worked on fun math activities for one of the award requirements -- made mobius strips, tri-hexaflexagons and vortex planes. We're waiting for a clear night then DS7 is going to bring his telescope and give everyone a tour of the night sky.

• Like 1

DS 11.5 - a first year Scout and a Tenderfoot. He's got 3-4 things left in both 2nd Class and 1st Class.

He will finish his Reading MB this week, needs to do his 50 mile ride for Cycling, has just started his Personal Management and Family Life. He earned Cit in the World at a Merit Badge Madness back in Nov.

He's looking forward to summer camp to do his Swimming MB and a couple others.

Dd 13.5 - a Cadette Girl Scout

Working on their project for their Journey so they can do their Silver Award. The girls are planning on doing their Gold Award within the next 2-3 years. They are also considering joining a Venture Crew in the BSA so they can go to SeaBase.

Ds 15.5 - a Life Scout and seemingly stuck there. He went to Philmont last summer and when he came back decided to get going on his Eagle so he signed up for Personal Fitness and Cit in the Community. He's pretty much finished Personal Fitness but has yet to start Cit in the Community. Then he has Lifesaving (or Emergency Prep), Communications, and Personal Management to do, plus his project. I know he can do it, but he needs to want it. It's so hard to watch him be so close and not finish. He's going to summer camp as well and I'm hoping he'll do Lifesaving there. He's an ok swimmer, but he may need 3-4 months of lessons to get him up to snuff to do the 400yd swim.

• Like 1

Ds 15.5 - a Life Scout and seemingly stuck there. He went to Philmont last summer and when he came back decided to get going on his Eagle so he signed up for Personal Fitness and Cit in the Community. He's pretty much finished Personal Fitness but has yet to start Cit in the Community. Then he has Lifesaving (or Emergency Prep), Communications, and Personal Management to do, plus his project. I know he can do it, but he needs to want it. It's so hard to watch him be so close and not finish. He's going to summer camp as well and I'm hoping he'll do Lifesaving there. He's an ok swimmer, but he may need 3-4 months of lessons to get him up to snuff to do the 400yd swim.

He still has time. Maybe he'll find his motivation soon.

He still has time. Maybe he'll find his motivation soon.

I know, but it is painful to watch.

He was so excited about Boy Scouts when he was 10-12.5. But the past 2 years, he's just sliding along and not involved very much. If he doesn't earn his Eagle, he'll be one of 3 boys who age out without it, and he has so much potential. Unfortunately, those other 2 boys are the ones he likes to hang out with at the meetings, when they're there. The older boys who have moved on to College were the ones he originally bonded with - they're gone and he's lost interest.

I know, but it is painful to watch.

He was so excited about Boy Scouts when he was 10-12.5. But the past 2 years, he's just sliding along and not involved very much. If he doesn't earn his Eagle, he'll be one of 3 boys who age out without it, and he has so much potential. Unfortunately, those other 2 boys are the ones he likes to hang out with at the meetings, when they're there. The older boys who have moved on to College were the ones he originally bonded with - they're gone and he's lost interest.

I understand. DS has been sitting at Life Scout since 2010. He has all of the req'd merit badges and everything else. It took him forever to choose his project and then it has been slow going with it.

I can tell you, though, that your son has 2.5 years left. It's not as if he is 17.5 with six months left. He has time to finish everything. If you are like me, however, you want it done and on the books so you can relax.

I worry about DS completing Hornaday. It requires 4 Eagle-like projects and DS only has 2 years left. If he takes as long on the other three as he is on this one he will never finish.

My older son (just turned 13) is a Star Scout and is currently working on Family Life. He just completed the hiking merit badge in December. We try to limit him to one or two badges at a time, so that things don't get too overwhelming. He'll be starting on Communications sometime this spring.

My younger son is a first year Webelo, who will shortly be getting his Webelo award. He's got a lot of other pins partially completed -- we'll be working with him to get everything wrapped up by late spring/early summer so that he can get his Arrow of Light and cross a bit early. Having one in Cubs and one in Scouts is killing my DH, so that is one reason we want to cross the younger one a bit early. He turns 11 in November anyhow, so if worse comes to worse and he can't complete Arrow of Light early, we'll cross him in November.

• Like 1

Such awesome kids! So busy!

Indy is a Web II has earned 15 of the 20 Web badges and is almost finished with Artist, Aquanaut and Showman. We're also using some of our school science activities to work on the Science badge. He has 2 of the compass points and is determined to get the last one before he bridges.

His den is working on finishing up their AoL requirements, which they should have complete by the end of this month. Next week they are hiking up the Kellerskopf and cleaning the base of the large Germania statue at the top with the BS troop they will be joining. In March they will have the big AoL ceremony, which should be fun. They do it at night and have archers shoot flaming arrows when the boys are presented their plaques and arrows. In April, they will have their bridging ceremony at the Luxembourg American Cemetery. They camp for 3 days and clean the graves at the cemetery before the ceremony. And in June, they are going to Scout camp for a week down in Garmish and hike the Alps. We've got a busy few months including all the den and pack meetings.

• Like 2

My youngest is in a Venture Crew. She has decided that she wants to earn the Gold Award (like an Eagle project but with three projects instead of only one) so she first has to earn the bronze. She is busy making a pamphlet about birding in our area for the communication area which she then will have to have someone who is a birder evaluate (someone in our birding group) and then a non birder evaluate too. SHe is now asking me to get her into a Life Guarding class too.

Her interest in doing more in Venturing just started a few weeks ago. No one in her group is really much interested in getting awards but she has decided that she is so she told her Venture Mentor who encouraged her to go for it.

• Like 2

We are knocking out those Eagle merit badges! Just finished Cit. in the Comm. Now middle is working on Nation (oldest finished) and next is World.

Next week they are giving their speeches for Communications.

They have also started their 90 day Fitness and Chores for Family Life.

Goal is 6 Eagle by July!

Oldest and DH are going to Philmont in July! They are training.

Trinqueta and her fellow Juniors are working on their Amuse journey and have earned 5 badges. We're finishing up Smart Shopper and Personal Fitness with the home-based activities. We'll start the Cookie Manager badge at the cookie handout this week. We're going camping in 2 months.

Geezle and his fellow Web 2s are going for their final troop visit soon. He'll earn his AoL badge and 3rd compass point at our B&G and then we'll have an AoL ceremony at the beginning of March. The first campout he plans to do with his new troop is in April. I need to do BSA training and I'd like to be a MB counselor. I'll have to hang out at meetings at least for a little bit, but I'd like to be busy with something else far away from Geezle and the other new scouts I was a den leader to.

I'm very pleased with the progress both my group of Juniors and the Web 2 den have made this year. I was a bit worried about the journey and finishing the harder (for me to organize) activity badges, but both groups of kids have been serious about wanting to progress and working hard to earn their awards. I'll be glad to step back a bit with the kids since G will be a boy scout and the Juniors will be planning their Broze award project next year.

• Like 1

My oldest (13 in 6 days) is needing to schedule his scoutmaster conference and BOR for Life. He doesn't seem to be in any hurry, and it's like pulling teeth to get him to do it. he missed the deadline for this month, so it MIGHT be next month.

He has every eagle-required MB done except Camping-- and he just needs to finish a few of those requirements to get done.

I hear about kids earning EVERY merit badge-- HOW? I mean, how do you motivate the kid to even WANT to do that? My oldest is only willing to do the required 21 merit badges. I try suggesting one's that I KNOW he would love-- like welding-- and he rolls his eyes and just says he has all he "needs" for eagle... uugh.

My middle son (11) crossed over recently. He is tenderfoot working on 2nd class. He's frustrated because the ONLY thing he needs is to finish for his 2nd class rank is the 5 mile hike/10 mile bike ride. Hoping we can get that done next week so he can stop nagging me about it. LOL (that requirement the troop allows the boy to do with family , then come in and show print-off of the route and times,etc to get signed off)

My 15-year old ds is a Life Scout. He is working on his last merit bade required for Eagle and got his project approved yesterday! Woo-hoo! He attended the first of a two-day workshop called "Life to Eagle" yesterday as well. He goes back next Saturday to complete that.

I am most worried because he has chosen an advanced carpentry project and knows nothing about carpentry!!! Eek! He also NO free time right now on weekends because of other extracurricular activities. I fear the "fumes" will kick in and he won't make it - the gas FUMES (driving) and the perFUMES (girls!). He turns 16 over the summer, but he is a grade skip and will be a senior next year, so not as much time to complete as it first appears.

Can I play? I don't have Girl Scouts, but I have two little American Heritage Girls.

My 8 year old Tenderheart is working on leveling up this year. She'll be an Explorer next year so we're trying to get her Sacajawea Award at the end of this year. So we're trying to get in some more service hours (she needs 2.5 more) and fitting in some of the requirement. And she's in the process of working on several badges......Our Feathered Friends (which we'll have to finish in the spring since there's not too many birds around right now), Home Decorating, Daughter of the King, Caring for my Environment, and Living in the USA. We just finished up the Travel Badge last week.

My 5 year old Tenderheart is working on the same badges as her sister, without leveling up though.

Our troop just had their winter awards ceremony last week and my 8 year old brought home 9 badges, and my 5 year old brought home 4! So proud of them!

• Like 2

My 15-year old ds is a Life Scout. He is working on his last merit bade required for Eagle and got his project approved yesterday! Woo-hoo! He attended the first of a two-day workshop called "Life to Eagle" yesterday as well. He goes back next Saturday to complete that.

I am most worried because he has chosen an advanced carpentry project and knows nothing about carpentry!!! Eek! He also NO free time right now on weekends because of other extracurricular activities. I fear the "fumes" will kick in and he won't make it - the gas FUMES (driving) and the perFUMES (girls!). He turns 16 over the summer, but he is a grade skip and will be a senior next year, so not as much time to complete as it first appears.

The BSA doesn't have grade or graduation requirements. Your son has until he turns 18 no matter what grade/school he is attending.

Don't let the 'fuming' naysayers cause undue worry. You know your son and whether or not cars and girls will become a distraction. If he is dedicated to earning Eagle he will do it.

I hear about kids earning EVERY merit badge-- HOW? I mean, how do you motivate the kid to even WANT to do that? My oldest is only willing to do the required 21 merit badges. I try suggesting one's that I KNOW he would love-- like welding-- and he rolls his eyes and just says he has all he "needs" for eagle... uugh.

The motivation must be intrinsic. I can't imagine a boy doing all of that work because mom and dad are forcing him.

My DS set a goal of 53 badges when he was a Tenderfoot. I have no idea how he came up with that number. I know he will earn at least 56; he has 51 so far, 3 in progress and 2 he needs to earn for an award he wants. His troop is encouraging him to shoot for 70. He is not interested in earning all of them and I will not force him to do so.

Well, you can do what 90% of our troop families do and tell him, "No driver's license until Eagle!"

It knocks out the fumes to get to the other fumes! :laugh:

My son turned 15 yesterday. He is only a First Class. I am not worried. He is doing well and my goal right now is to knock out those Eagle required merit badges and not leave those for a mad dash at the end like many boys do.

He also has some learning disabilities and struggled the first few years, but seems to be catching up with himself now and is getting closer to Star. I would much rather him take his time and not only enjoy the experience, but actually learn something as he goes along. Some of those boys blitz through everything and I really wonder how much they are retaining.

Dawn

• Like 1

Sam is a Patriot in AHG and at our ceremony last week received Cake Decorating, Bible Basics, Archery, Home Care and Repair. She is working on Camping, Music Appreciation, and... ? She also got a service star (20 hours service).

Matt is a Tenderfoot and will be done with 2nd class by end of March and 1st Class by Jun 1. He is not actively working on any merit badges. He is just not knterested right now. He loves the meetings, is a patrol leader, and loves camping. That's enough for him for now.

Alex is a Bear...almost done with that rank. At winter camp right now. Loves Scouts but high on the list. This past year has been weird. Webelos will be better ...

Hannah is a Tenderheart and just got Home Care and Repair, Living in the USA, Bible Basics, Engineering, Music Appreciation, History's Canvas, and 2 service stars. Not sure what they are working on now.

• Like 1

our OA elections are not until March.

I'm frustrated today.

Son is DONE with life. He just won't get the items signed off... He missed this month's BOR's because he didn't bother to get the items signed off and set up his Scoutmaster conference in time.

I just opened his book to ask him if/when he was going to get them signed off, since there is a meeting tomorrow. He just rolled his eyes and said he'd do it-- eventually.

Where did this attitude come from???

Son was super-excited last year to join OA, but because he was 1 day short of his 1st class BOR, he wasn't eligible. Now that he's eligible, he has no desire to join.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

what the heck is wrong with my child?

Seriously, I don't make it part of his curriculum. I don't FORCE him to do anything, but as he finishes things, I do suggest he get it signed off.

He goes on the campouts (his choice, not mine).

He goes to the meetings (his choice, not mine)

Yet he doesn't bother to get anything signed off?

What the heck?

He turned 13 today and I swear it's like a switch has been flipped on the whole attitude thing...

We just had our Blue & Gold banquet last night. The Cub Scouts always make cakes to auction off--it's their only fundraiser. My Webelo made a "Lord of the Rings" cake. I asked him if he wanted me to bid on his or someone else's, he said his. So I bid on it and so did a friend of mine. I ended up spending $50 on his cake! But we brought it home and he was happy.

My 12yo is working on Gardening and Reptile and Ambibians badges. They are his science and things are going well. He had to draw pictures of 4--it was the first time I've seen him draw in years. He also made a vermiculture bin this afternoon. So both of those are goin well.

Annika, my Brownie is busy selling cookies right now. Her troop sold a bunch of boxes in front of a grocery store this afternoon, so the excitement from that is helping to keep her motivated. Which is good because she set her goal to 800 boxes and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get her there.

Ds#2 moves up to Venturers tomorrow. He is working on his Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award ( he earned his Bronze DoE last year) & will begin to work on his Venurer Awards that lead to the Queen Scout Award.

This term is a busy one for us at scouts as we have a PreRegatta camp + two Regattas. Scouts & Venurers meet together in our unit as we compete together. This year we are trialing having Venturers come an hour earlier to do Venturer things before joining the Scouts for our regatta training.

Ds#1 was in scouts for over 12 years. He earned his Bronze & Silver DoE Awards, but wasn't fussed about doing Queen Scout.

Dd earned her Aotearoa Award as a Girl Guide, her Senior Mariner Award as a Young Mariner, and her Bronze, Silver, & Gold DoE + Queen Scout Award as a Venturer. We've been amazed at how many door these awards have opened for her.

Just a word to all you Boyscout moms.

They are changing the Cooking Merit Badge. It will be officially an Eagle requirement in 2014. However, in order to make it Eagle, they will be adding some things to it. We don't know what those are yet. However, anyone who already has earned the Cooking Merit Badge will be grandfathered in and will not have to retake it. Our troop is talking about offering it as a class in the Spring because the changes may come as early as mid 2013, even though it won't be officially Eagle until 2014.

So, if that is one you can get done this Spring, DO IT!

one of my boys has it, the other will need to do it. It is not a hard badge, just time consuming.

Dawn

Older two boys were MCs last night for our Blue and Gold/Arrow of Light. That counted for their speeches for Communication. Neither is particularly gregarious, so I was VERY PROUD of how well they did. They were only nervous a bit at the beginning but finished with very clear/loud voices.

• Like 1

Ds just joined and loves it! Right now he's playing catch up to get caught up with his troop. He should be getting his Webelo badge next month. He's also working on forester and naturalist(?). We're working on Scouts during the school day for half an hour 5x/week until he gets caught up. Luckily his den leader is very helpful and is giving us step by step instructions on what to do.

Is he Web 1 or Web 2?

Dawn

Ds just joined and loves it! Right now he's playing catch up to get caught up with his troop. He should be getting his Webelo badge next month. He's also working on forester and naturalist(?). We're working on Scouts during the school day for half an hour 5x/week until he gets caught up. Luckily his den leader is very helpful and is giving us step by step instructions on what to do.

DD is a Daisy, but my troop is a mix of Daisies and Brownies...

Yesterday, we all went snowshoeing (thank you blizzard!). The girls had a blast.

As for badges, the Daisies are working on their 3 Cheers for Animals Journey, which focuses on pets/animals and their care/safety. We had a volunteer from the local SPCA come and talk to the girls about pet safety at our last meeting. She brought in a dog and a cat for the girls to interact with.

The Daisies are also working on their Caring and Considerate Petal as it ties in nicely with the Journey. They'll be starting their Courageous and Strong Petal soon with a visit from a K-9 police officer and his partner.

I'm also in the progress of setting up an aquarium overnight for the Daisies.

I'm doing other things w/the Brownies, but DD isn't once, so I won't put that in here. :)

• Like 1

My youngest is working on his Eagle project - finally! He is waiting on the receiving organization to make a decision regarding types of benches to install. He will be pouring concrete pads around a walking circuit around an elderly living complex (includes duplexes, apartments, assisted living, and nursing home). The complex wants the benches placed strategically to allow for rest periods. They have to decide on which benches which will dictate the size of the concrete pads. This is the same organization where his other brother installed horseshoe pits for his own Eagle project. It's also the complex where their paternal grandparents live.

He still has to write it up, get committee approval (he has SM approval), and then district approval. The complex hopes to have these installed by April or May. If they don't hurry on the bench decision I don't see that happening. Here's hoping ds gets information next week.

• Like 1

We are currently in PCS limbo even though we are supposed to move in 6 weeks. You probably don't want to hear more than that. Ugh.

i feel for you. We were in holding mode for six months when we were supposed to go overseas. Finally ended up staying here. We are moving this summer though. There is an AHG troop already there thankfully.

DS is 10 (turns 11 next wk) and is working on Tenderheart rank. He has earned his Geology merit badge and this weekend he should earn his Winter Sports badge. He is also working on Pet Care, Citizenship in the Country, and Salesmanship. This weekend the troop went snow camping and skiing. I'm looking forward to hearing about it when they get home later today.

DD is 6 (turns 7 this month) and is an American Heritage Girl. This is her first year earning badges (last year she was in the Pathfinder program and they have their own set of awards). So far, she has earned Swimming, Our Flag, Insect-a-Inspect-a, Cooking, Cake Decorating, Be the Best Me, Geology, Our Heritage, and Family Helper. She has several (10-12) she is working on with a few of the requirements of each met but should definitely finish Emergency Prepardness and Native American by the end of the month.

My 16 year old son just made Eagle Scout a week ago! We are rejoicing in this, and are so proud of this achievement! He had to overcome so much to get where he is today. He has epilepsy and his seizures were so bad (grand mal) and frequent the last few years that he wasn't able to leave the house very often. Thankfully he was homeschooled. We searched everywhere for help for 10 years (we were told he would outgrow it while he continued to have more and more seizures) and went everywhere, and finally found Texas Children's Hospital in January 2012, where they diagnosed a brain tumor. They took it out on March 1, 2012. It was benign, praise the Lord! He has been seizure free since that time, and last fall was finally well enough to complete all his Eagle Scout requirements, which were put on hold for several years due to the violent seizures. We could cry with happiness that my son was able to achieve this. We love Scouting. My son is our second Eagle Scout. :)

• Like 5

He's got quite a few things going, Archeaology, Chess, Camping, Archery, and one more that I can't think of right now.

His sister doesn't do scouting, but in our church there is a program where they work on things called Personal Progress and they work on various things for the values/behaviors that they try and stand for: Faith, Individual Worth, Good Works, Virtue, Choice and Accountability, Divine Nature, Integrity, Knowledge. She is working on one under Knowledge right now...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's been over a month since this was active and I am curious to learn how things are going for everyone.

---

DS earned his 52nd merit badge so he has one more to go to meet his goal of 53. He has three 'open' MBs - Insect Study, Medicine and Cooking. I hope he finishes them this spring.

He is getting ready for Jambo and has made his selections for activities there. He really wants to do the extreme climbing option. I hope he gets to do it.

Now for the good news - DS was voted into OA! He doesn't know yet, of course, but the adult leaders thought I might like to know since DS will have to go through a special ceremony in July. This year's OA inductees who are going to Jambo have a special Ordeal scheduled before the trip. Evidently OA has some activities scheduled at Jambo and they want all the newbees to be able to participate. I had to clear DS's schedule a bit so he can attend the Ordeal.

• Like 1

You are SO lucky you know about OA already! I'm on pins and needles nervous about oldest son. He has self-esteem issues, and finds it really hard to stick himself out there, so the kind of things like OA elections are difficult. He does not handle rejection well at all... AARGH! So wishing our SM would tell us.

Both boys finsished Climbing MB, and tey are going to a few MB Colleges in April.

Younger needs to get his first aid signed off in the book so he can start the First aid merit badge.

• Like 1