Menu

All this budget talk is making me itchy!

k2bdeutmeyer

I'm starting to think the battle never does end. *sigh* Because as soon as you think you're finally caught up, you finally have enough money, something will come along and wipe out all your money and put you behind again. It's very depressing and at this point I'm really thinking about finding a nice self-sustaining commune to join. :glare:

I'm starting to think the battle never does end. *sigh* Because as soon as you think you're finally caught up, you finally have enough money, something will come along and wipe out all your money and put you behind again. It's very depressing and at this point I'm really thinking about finding a nice self-sustaining commune to join. :glare:

Agreed!

I used to hate looking at my money... then I got YNAB. Now my favorite day of the week is the day I get our paycheck... so I can give every delicious dollar a job.

I think I'm addicted. :(

That's awesome! But, those systems only help if you actually have some income to budget. After mandatory bills are paid, there is nothing left. There isn't anything TO budget. Sigh.

I know I was supposed to have a extra four hundred dollars this month and get my dentist bill paid off. Not happening now.

I had to go to the dr. for a ear problem. I found out that I have to have one possibly two surgeries to fix it. I know God will provide and I know It was God that allowed me to have an unrelated ear problem so the dr. could find the tumor. I am just so tired of being broke.

Sorry to hijack the thread just been kinda down for the last few days over it all.

I'd like to say it does, but it seems to come in waves. Dh used to have a widely variant monthly income, like one year in January in made x amount of dollars, in July he made x times 10. Sounds nice, but January wasn't even enough to cover bills and by the time July rolled around we were still paying for them.

It's just hard and tiring.

No, it really doesn't end. That's why having firm control over a well-planned budget is so important. It doesn't eliminate the chances of crap happening, but it does let you know exactly where you stand in relation to the crap.

I firmly believe it will never end. We started 2012 with no debt except one car and our house. We're now currently digging our way out of new debt because of medical issues and the fact some of them required a bit of home remodeling to keep oldest healthy. We will be almost back where we started 2012 by the end of 2013, but I'm afraid of what might pop up then.

Yup. I agree, you can't catch up sometimes. We don't have the money to "catch up". There isn't a penny leftover to put away or get a head start. It sucks. :grouphug: