Menu

buying a new dishwasher...what do you love about yours?

kfeusse

The only dishwasher I ever loved was a Bosch. They're not cheap... but they're quiet and they wash the dishes really well. We have an LG right now that DH and I both hate, but it came with the house and it's not actually broken, so we're letting it stay for now. One of these days one of us will run out of patience, and we have the Bosch all picked out to replace it.

I love the adjustable racks. I can fold down tines, I have "shelves" than can be up or down. It is deep enough I can put a stock pot on the bottom.

I'm looking for a new one too, and those are features I'm not willing to give up.

eta: I'm looking at a higher end kitchen aide superba as it doens't have the bar (which I don't have clearance for), and still has the versatility I want.

I love my Whirlpool, which is eight years old and going strong.

I bought a midline model; it's reasonable quiet--we can watch TV in the adjoining family room without turning up the volume on the TV, or have conversations with each other in normal voices. :-) I love the room inside the dishwasher--the utensil rack hangs on the door, and there are no spray arms sticking up or hanging down, giving me full use of both upper and lower racks. And FTR, I can put more dishes in mine than my dd could put in her Bosch.

I scrape and *lightly* rinse the dishes because the dishwasher doesn't have a soft-food disposal, and because I rarely run the dishwasher daily...I don't want stinky spoiling food smells in there! But if I'm going to run the dishwasher right away, I just scrape the chunks off and stick the dishes in and call it a day.

I'm convinced that my Amway dishwasher detergent makes things better :-) but I've had this same model dishwasher in two different homes--different parts of the country, different water--and I've been satisfied with both. I plan always to have a Whirlpool (although maybe next time I'll buy the higher-end model. Maybe.)

I haven't had a dishwasher that I loved yet! But, I did have one feature on a GE one that I liked -- that delay start timer!! I LOVED being able to set it to start after we had gone to bed instead of having to listen to it in an open floor plan for those family hours post-supper! Next time I buy a dishwasher, it'll definitely have a delay start button again. Loved that.

Other than that, it seems like all the dishwashers we've had wash fine so long as we use good detergent, so then it is just a matter of which one fits your dishes best. I'd be tempted to bring my dishes to the show room if I had oddly large plates or other special items.

I just love that I have a dishwasher. :laugh: Seriously. I didn't own one 'till I was 35.

My first and only dishwasher is a Bosch. I like it, but take that with a grain of salt because I have absolutely nothing to compare it with. It does seem to be quiet, and I am happy with the way my dishes come out.

Nothing, really. I have a Whirlpool and it is a pain. It's 7 years old. It gunks up something awful, and the part (attached to the top rack, but at the back of the machine) where the water enters the machine for the top rack hangs down so low that I can't even put a dinner plate in the 3 or 4 slots in front of it on the bottom rack. Also, if it's on delay wash and someone opens the door, they have to push the start button again to turn delay wash back on, but you have to wait a little bit after you reclose the door to push the button, otherwise it doesn't work. I often set it to delay wash so it will run overnight because it's so loud.

I also love that I own a dishwasher, lol.

Seriously, I love that I picked one that doesn't need me to wash the dishes before I wash the dishes. That is what I said. I walked in the store and said "I want a dishwasher that washes the dishes without making me wash the dishes first" That is what I got. It narrowed my choice down to four and even that was helpful. I put the dishes in without any major chunks, but I do not rinse them. They come out clean as a whistle.

It also has adjustable racks (I can raise and lower the top rack to make room for tall dishes below) and fold down tines..but mostly I love that I can just put the dishes in without rinsing. After helping my MIL and friends rinse (or even wash with soap?) every single dish before washing, I will never give that function up.

I have a Bosch that came with this house, and it is very quiet. However, no matter how we twiddle with the controls, it doesn't seem to wash very hot. I wish it were hotter, so I'd feel my dishes were cleaner. I have a new water heater that is set to scald, but it hasn't made any noticeable difference. I may need to see if there's something broken in it.

I also love that I own a dishwasher, lol.

Seriously, I love that I picked one that doesn't need me to wash the dishes before I wash the dishes. That is what I said. I walked in the store and said "I want a dishwasher that washes the dishes without making me wash the dishes first" That is what I got. It narrowed my choice down to four and even that was helpful. I put the dishes in without any major chunks, but I do not rinse them. They come out clean as a whistle.

It also has adjustable racks (I can raise and lower the top rack to make room for tall dishes below) and fold down tines..but mostly I love that I can just put the dishes in without rinsing. After helping my MIL and friends rinse (or even wash with soap?) every single dish before washing, I will never give that function up.

What brand is this magic machine :drool: ?