Menu

Sick kids...dh out of town. Don't read if you don't want to hear whining/venting.

Excelsior! Academy

Am I the only one who is feeling sorry for all of the other women's husbands at the men's retreat who will probably be catching a nasty virus this weekend?

Your dh should have stayed home, both to help you, and for the sake of everyone at the men's retreat. These norovirus-type bugs are incredibly contagious.

I hope your kids recover very quickly and that you don't catch whatever they've got! :grouphug:

Thank you for your kind words. Dh offered to stay home. He really would have stayed, but it is a retreat he needs to go to. It is a church related thing and he is in leadership. I really don't think he will get sick. He is one of those annoying people when it comes to illness. He never and I mean never gets sick. The rare times he does it lasts all of an hour.

I guess we can put the Netflix Christmas gift from my mother to reallllly good use this weekend.

Hopefully, your dh will return from the retreat, encouraged by the inspirational teaching, and eager to be involved with his family in a deeper, more meaningful way. :)

I would NOT recommend that you greet him at the door with the vomit bucket, but I think that YOU should get Sunday afternoon off while he does Vomit Cleanup Duty.

It may just be a 24 hour thing and he'll return to a nearly-healthy home tonight! Here's hoping!

Thank you for asking. He is home now. He called on his way home and I asked him to bring home dinner to those of us who were feeling well. He gladly agreed and even went out later tonight to pick up pedilyte for the children and chocolate :001_wub: for me.

The two and 4 year olds are still feeling badly, but the others seem to be much better. Thank you all for listening.