Menu

Forum Game--who wants to play yet again?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Broken Jaw - need recipe Take one chin. Administer one fist in swift uppercut. Let sit.

Schooling with a newborn   <gently> There is no harm in waiting until the babe is four or five years old before beginning formal school work.

Getting tired of puppy brains! What to do?     There really are a lot of other menu options, even if you just wanted to branch out to other types of brains. I would go and browse your local grocer

So canners, what are you putting in your jars?

Well, there was this other thread recently that I'd planned to comment on but didn't get around to:

canning lids

Now, I thought lids were shelf-stable without being canned, but who am I to judge?

ETA:

a steam canner

I suspect steam will condensate after being canned, leading to just a can of a little water and a lot of air, but I've never tried.

• Like 1

Give me a refresher course in anxiety

Start by thinking about the worst thing that could happen. Then, think of the worst thing that could happen as a result of that. Then, think of the worst thing that could happen because of that. Keep going until you reach the desired level of anxiety.

Not sure why you'd want to do this though.

• Like 10

Just an annnoying side note but since the construction of the Aswam dam, the Nile no longer floods.  

Okay. Then I guess the making the Nile flood project should be a little easier. Just place the right amount of explosives in the right location, and done. Stop Obstructing The Water.

• Like 6

Thoughts on high IQ's?

They're overrated. 

Yep.

Also: lots of thoughts, maybe too many thoughts, but I don't have a clue what thoughts on low/average IQs are like since I think I'm stuck with the high IQ thing (tried banging my head against the wall, but that didn't solve the problem). Probably better than no thoughts though (on any IQ level). No thoughts would probably be considered brain dead.

• Like 1

These two thread titles in a row were too hilarious to pass up....

Josh Duggar checked himself into rehab

Josh duggar - the guy running the rehab program

Just my personal opinion, but I don't think the program has much chance of success :laugh:

• Like 5

My baby is legally an adult

Wow... I thought that trying the girls who did the slender man stabbing at 12yo as adults was extreme, but a baby? What's the point of distinguishing between kids and adults at that point? I guess at least unborn kids are still kids.

• Like 2

Changes in January

Wait, what??? They are changing January?  What was wrong with it? 

Hmm, maybe they could make it longer, and we could skip February altogether.

Pet enzyme cleaner at walmart?

No, I don't think it's a good idea.  They ask you not to touch any of their employees.

• Like 2

PhDs dumbed down

Well, that was to be expected, after the dumbing down of high school (so everyone can graduate from the "college prep" track), and then college dumbed down, because all of those kids entering college incapable of handling college-level work and it being cheaper to do multiple choice tests than other methods of assessment (and yes, I know you can design hard multiple choice tests, but I've encountered only one prof who actually gave non-trivial multiple choice tests).

• Like 1