Menu

Forum Game--who wants to play yet again?

Chelle in MO

Changes in January

Wait, what??? They are changing January?  What was wrong with it? 

Hmm, maybe they could make it longer, and we could skip February altogether.

Pet enzyme cleaner at walmart?

No, I don't think it's a good idea.  They ask you not to touch any of their employees.

• Like 2

PhDs dumbed down

Well, that was to be expected, after the dumbing down of high school (so everyone can graduate from the "college prep" track), and then college dumbed down, because all of those kids entering college incapable of handling college-level work and it being cheaper to do multiple choice tests than other methods of assessment (and yes, I know you can design hard multiple choice tests, but I've encountered only one prof who actually gave non-trivial multiple choice tests).

• Like 1

Looking for high school electives leading to law enforcement

Hmm, well, ok.  Wine Tasting?  Home-Made Explosive Devices? Engineering Bio-Weapons in your Kitchen? Creative Texting While Driving?

I usually try and direct my students away from activities and electives that lead to law enforcement, but to each her own.

• Like 7

Looking for high school electives leading to law enforcement

Hmm, well, ok.  Wine Tasting?  Home-Made Explosive Devices? Engineering Bio-Weapons in your Kitchen? Creative Texting While Driving?

I usually try and direct my students away from activities and electives that lead to law enforcement, but to each her own.

You missed Computer Hacking 101 and Safecracking 101.  

• Like 4

frozen meat....how old is too old?

Well, I'm 50 and I'm way, waaaaaay to old and have been for years. There are so many practical advantages to a plant based diet that I couldn't care less if the "tryn-dee" has worn off the word "vegetarian" and Weston A. Price/paleo/neo-Atkins is now all the rage.

• Like 2

help me love my hair....

Oh baby, you are so hairily gorgeous. ... I can't wait to run my fingers thru that lush, silky, thick mop of yours.

Did that help any???

I especially like all that back hair you have!

:001_wub:

:P

• Like 2

What did you really learn on grades 1-8?

That it's "What did you really learn *in* grades 1-8", unless grades 1-8 are like a drug or something.

ETA: or a building or something. We weren't allowed to climb on the roof of elementary/middle school though.

• Like 3

Keeping a Kid from Chewing Hair

This is why we keep ours on the front porch. After dinner we pitch the empty tin cans out for them to lick and chew on. That keeps them pretty happy and away from my hair.  They love the empty pork & beans cans best. "baaaa-aaaa-aaaa"

HTH

• Like 3

~What do you think?~

I was tempted to respond to this thread, but last time I posted in a "what do you think" thread, I got accused of over analyzing the situation. :)

~Making our basement nice~

I'd need the OP's address in order to accomplish this.

• Like 4

~What do you think?~

I was tempted to respond to this thread, but last time I posted in a "what do you think" thread, I got accused of over analyzing the situation. :)

~Making our basement nice~

I'd need the OP's address in order to accomplish this.

At first glance, I thought it said, "Making our basmati rice."
  • Like 4