Menu

Forum Game--who wants to play yet again?

Chelle in MO

The Stanford Prison Experiment-okay for 13 yo?

Oh, honey, I know they can be annoying at this age - but the experimenters concluded that imprisoning young people actually *wasn't* a good idea.  Maybe you could try giving him a snack, or having him get more exercise?  And there's always wine - for you, not him. 

• Like 11

The Stanford Prison Experiment-okay for 13 yo?

Oh, honey, I know they can be annoying at this age - but the experimenters concluded that imprisoning young people actually *wasn't* a good idea. Maybe you could try giving him a snack, or having him get more exercise? And there's always wine - for you, not him.

That and the fact that the experiment was shut down 40+ years ago means it is too late to sign up the 13yo anyway...

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On the list of subforums they show the most recent post but truncate the title if necessary, so:

Preventing Summer Learning...

That's going to be hard to do.

Turns out to be:

Preventing Summer Learning Loss in math

Do math? Harder would be to prevent summer learning loss in skiing, ice skating, snow man building, etc.

• Like 3

So canners, what are you putting in your jars?

Well, there was this other thread recently that I'd planned to comment on but didn't get around to:

canning lids

Now, I thought lids were shelf-stable without being canned, but who am I to judge?

ETA:

a steam canner

I suspect steam will condensate after being canned, leading to just a can of a little water and a lot of air, but I've never tried.

• Like 1

Give me a refresher course in anxiety

Start by thinking about the worst thing that could happen. Then, think of the worst thing that could happen as a result of that. Then, think of the worst thing that could happen because of that. Keep going until you reach the desired level of anxiety.

Not sure why you'd want to do this though.

• Like 10

Just an annnoying side note but since the construction of the Aswam dam, the Nile no longer floods.  

Okay. Then I guess the making the Nile flood project should be a little easier. Just place the right amount of explosives in the right location, and done. Stop Obstructing The Water.

• Like 6

Thoughts on high IQ's?

They're overrated. 

Yep.

Also: lots of thoughts, maybe too many thoughts, but I don't have a clue what thoughts on low/average IQs are like since I think I'm stuck with the high IQ thing (tried banging my head against the wall, but that didn't solve the problem). Probably better than no thoughts though (on any IQ level). No thoughts would probably be considered brain dead.

• Like 1