Menu

Forum Game--who wants to play yet again?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Schooling with a newborn   <gently> There is no harm in waiting until the babe is four or five years old before beginning formal school work.

Broken Jaw - need recipe Take one chin. Administer one fist in swift uppercut. Let sit.

Getting tired of puppy brains! What to do?     There really are a lot of other menu options, even if you just wanted to branch out to other types of brains. I would go and browse your local grocer

"Language question for a 6 year old"

usually questions on the K-8 forum are for grown ups, not for 6 years olds. Maybe try asking your question at the playground where you are more likely to get answers from a 6 year old.

• Like 3

Age for a cell phone...

Mine is about 3 years old.  Probably time for a new one.

Please repeat after me...

after me...

after me...

after me...

after me...

after me...

(how many times should I repeat it?)

• Like 11

Need help finding 100% cotton BooKshelves

-------------------------------

They are generally made of wood for a good reason- books are heavy. ... Good luck finding cotton ones that will hold the weight!

I didn't realize the K was capitalized at first glance and was so confused.

• Like 1

What does your 11-12 year old girl's room look like?

A tornado hit it

Dog with new paw problem, any ideas?

Your dog has a new paw?  Is it a prosthetic?  Such amazing advances in veterinary technology!

Straw bale gardening?

I don't think you can actually get straw to grow, it is already dead.  But hey, give it a try!

Help me choose the right kind of dog!

I like the already-house-trained, non-excessive-barking kind!

• Like 8

If you have multiple kids: combine or keep separate?

You are considering combining the multiple kids to make a single kid?   Are you a mad scientist?  Wait a moment...... can you take the best features of all of them, remove any annoying/bad features - and make a perfect child???  this might have possibilities.....

• Like 9

If you have multiple kids: combine or keep separate?

You are considering combining the multiple kids to make a single kid?   Are you a mad scientist?  Wait a moment...... can you take the best features of all of them, remove any annoying/bad features - and make a perfect child???  this might have possibilities.....

but would he end up with multiple-personality disorder???

• Like 5

Facebook - how do I turn off...

Are you using a desktop, laptop, phone?  On a phone, the power button is usually on the side or at the top.  On laptops they could be in one of the corners or at the top.  You might find the desktop power button on the tower console.  But if none of those work you could remove the power supply by unplugging or taking out the battery.

• Like 7

dress my hijab wearing tween for wedding

I don't know about your tween, but my pre-tween would be very uncomfortable with some random person from a message board showing up in her room to help her dress.  She is old enough to dress herself, loosen those apron strings just a tad ;)

The downside of Facebook

Wait...there is an upside of Facebook?

• Like 7

Ugh! You can't "sale" things at a yard "sell"

.....You can't? I bet it would be the best place to sale my used English grammar curriculum with a focus unit on homophones.

ETA: oops I meant to write "best place to SELL my used English grammar curriculum," but leaving the mistake in place because it's an ironic mistake given the context, lol.

• Like 7

Okay, I apologize in advance for being addicted to this thread. I SO wanted to post this under the actual thread as a joke, but decided this thread was the more appropriate place...so here it goes, and please no flares....

"Stress eating (AKA How do I keep from shoving everything into my mouth at the end of the day?)"

....read the "Prescription Drugs-Necessary?" thread at the end of each day BEFORE you get the munchies. Then you will feel too guilty to actually act on your desire to eat under stress. No judgement from me if you still indulge.

• Like 5

"Pet rabbit with dogs and cat?"

Yes. If you pet just the dogs and cat, the rabbit will get jealous.

OH, I thought she was using the rabbit to pet the dogs and cats, you know, to keep allergens off of her hands?

• Like 4

CC: Describe a "Martha" personality and I think...

She has long, blonde hair and a flouncy walk.  She's the oldest girl in the family, and tends to get treated special, causing a younger sib to complain, "Martha Martha Martha!  All everyone ever talks about is Martha!"

• Like 9

OH, I thought she was using the rabbit to pet the dogs and cats, you know, to keep allergens off of her hands?

And now I realize I had it wrong -- she must be allergic to RABBITS.  She's using dogs and cats to pet the RABBITS.

• Like 6