Menu

Forum Game--who wants to play yet again?

Chelle in MO

I need a good novel, please

It was a brisk afternoon in October. The husband took the kids to play B-ball in the church parking lot, leaving the wife at home with the toddler for a quiet hour before the insanity begins. As the toddler scoured the house for stickers, playdoh, gum, anything to make her mark, the wife sat typing away at the computer. A solace filled the living room as she typed.

And what was she typing...a mystery? A self-help? A letter to her mother? No. It was a Great American Novel.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times....

• Like 5

What dye do you use for your hair? Do you die at home or at the hairdresser's?

Are those my only options?  Die at home or at the hairdresser's?  I think I'd pick a different style.  

Well if those were my only choices of where to die, I would like to die at home.  I think that dieing at the hairdressers would be rather catastrophic for all involved.  

You all are not planning ahead. Given these choices, I have a better chance of looking good in the coffin if I die at the hairdresser's. Think, people. Think!

I expected so much more from the hive. 

• Like 10

Help for First Time Cruiser

I know this one!  Crawl over to the coffee table and put your hand up on the edge of the table.  Then "stand up" on your knees and pull yourself up to a stand by first putting up one knee and then the other.  Use your hands to keep hold of that table for balance.  You might wobble but that's ok!  Now, holding onto the edge, walk yourself sideways along the table.  Other good cruising helps - your mom or dad's legs, the chair, the sofa. . . be creative.  Good job!  It's ok when you're done if you fall back on your diapered bottom.  They're padded for a reason!  Make sure you clap and look cute and go "Yay!"  

• Like 13

Guest submarines

Sewers: Whatever happened to cotton-covered, polyester-core thread?

I'm not sure, but a sewer wouldn't be a place where I'd look. Have you tried fabric stores?

• Like 9

Gruesome Discovery in my bedroom

Has someone in your family been watching The Blacklist again?  These shows are not "how to" manuals!

(yes, I can have very dark  humor.)

Just so long as they're not reading or watching The Godfather!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

I need a good novel, please

It was a brisk afternoon in October. The husband took the kids to play B-ball in the church parking lot, leaving the wife at home with the toddler for a quiet hour before the insanity begins. As the toddler scoured the house for stickers, playdoh, gum, anything to make her mark, the wife sat typing away at the computer. A solace filled the living room as she typed.

And what was she typing...a mystery? A self-help? A letter to her mother? No. It was a Great American Novel.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times....

And now it's Wrimo time! Got more?

It was a dark and stormy affair, full of guilt and resentment and stolen moments in dark closets. In fear of the consequences she confessed to her doctor. Her heart skipped at the promise of redemption when he told her, "Not to worry, dark chocolate is actually GOOD for you. But only the high quality stuff, not the cheap stuff."

• Like 4

Is this within the range of normal? Period related

I don't know that there really a range of normal for periods...in my experience they are simply found at the ends of sentences or abbreviations. Hth!

Although less common it is also quite normal to find them in groups of 3 or 4 from time to time. But be careful: if any more gather they are prone to scatter across the fabric in readiness for the Oompah Band.

• Like 3

Amazon Echo

Well, here goes...Amazon...Amazon...Amazon...mazon...mazon...zon...zon...zon....

Have you ever wanted to be in charge of something to make it run right

Why yes, that's why I homeschool. :tongue_smilie:

Any No-S "Dieters" on the board?

Ye , I find it much ea ier to type if I  kip that letter and  tick to a diet of only 25 letter .

• Like 11