Menu

Forum Game--who wants to play yet again?

Chelle in MO

What is the best fashion advice you've ever received?

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/518634-what-is-the-best-fashion-advice-youve-received/page-3?hl=%2Bfashion+%2Badvice&do=findComment&comment=5905719

That if you don't like what you see in the mirror, you should take the mirror down (or cover it with posters and your kids artwork if you're a renter too).

Probably not what to OP wanted to hear and kind of trollish of me to even post it as a joke, but she asked......

< cringe >

• Like 4

This was a very unfortunate placement of threads that was bound to happen at some point:

How do you handle feelings of failure if you use VP self paced history?

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/528642-how-do-you-handle-feelings-of-failure/ http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/528520-if-you-use-vp-self-paced-hist

Oh, you poor dear! I can really only imagine, since I never made it past the first week or two with Explorers to 20th Century.

• Like 3

Tell me about your best Civil War oriented field trip

Well, Sheldon was really recommending we take a train trip sometime in our lives so we decided to check out the Underground Railroad.  We never could seem to find it though, and I suspect it's something akin to track 9 3/4.  Instead we had an interesting adventure as some very nice and hospitable strangers stuffed us under hay in a wagon, hid us in basements, gave us hard tack and water skins, told us about the next location to shoot for, and set us loose in some woods with the instructions to hide until they drew the bloodhounds away, and then run like the woods were on fire!

Before we could get to the next strange "train stop", however, we heard what sounded like fireworks.  Before we could get clear of the trees to see the show, however, a tree next to DH exploded -- a cannonball had hit it!  Next thing we knew the air was filled with smoke and the smell of fireworks, and people were running, screaming, and generally making a commotion.  I think somehow the fireworks had gone off-course and gotten into a couple of groups of show performers, as all of the men running about had on either gray or blue uniforms.

We spotted some picnic-goers up on a hill watching the whole show and figured that must be where the audience was supposed to stay.  We tried to get over there to join them, but couldn't find a safe way through the ruckus and couldn't, for the life of us, find the edges of the performance area so we could go around.  We finally gave up, since we had NO cell coverage anywhere and couldn't call up the event map.  We couldn't even get anyone to stop and give us directions, and youngest DD was in desperate need of the restroom facilities by then.

All in all it was quite interesting, but I think I'll stick with Ren Fests from now on.  At least they seem to stay contained, and you can generally get someone to tell you where the toilet is (even if they talk funny and proceed to follow you about the fair until you pay them off).

• Like 4

Is dried milk healthy?

Interesting question, but what I really want to know is whether I can cry over it or not. Can you cry over spilt milk if it dries?

What about milk powder?  Should we cry dehydrated tears?

• Like 6

Educational Neglect: where would you place the bar?

Well, bars often cater to certain clientèle.  Who are you hoping to attract to your bar?  Educators?  Parents?  The uneducated?  or anyone and everyone who is thirsty?

Regards,

Kareni

You beat me to it, Kareni.  I keep thinking, "Well, if there was a bar anywhere nearby, I'd probably be neglecting education too!"

• Like 7