Menu

Right Start Math into Beast Academy or AoPS

Grantmom

If you were using Right Start Math, what do you think would be a good place to move into the AoPS genre? Where would you part ways with Right Start and where would you begin in AoPS? Would you do Beast Academy? Any thoughts for those who are familiar with both?

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

If one did all of RS, I would think the BA books that are currently out, while parts could be fun, would be just review.  I had the impression though that there's a gap between where RS ends and beginning pre-algebra.  Though I could be wrong...  The only RS product I've used is the games.

We started Beast Academy after about 3/4 of RightStart C and 1/2 of SIngapore PM 2.  It has gone wonderfully and dd loves it.  Beast Academy is so much fun and, just having looked at little bits of samples from the AOPS series, I would say it is a good lead-in.  Continuing with RightStart, if you still wanted to, would allow more time for the later Beast Academy books to come out.  DD will probably be finished with all of the books out by the end of this school year.