Menu

My daughter finally found a job ...

Luanne

Yay for your daughter!!

I'm glad we arent the only ones whose olders have struggled to find work. We pulled oldest ds out of school at the end of his tenth grade year, and he ended up doing a year of homeschooling and two of virtual school to catch up. He had failed EVERY class in high school, so he had a whole year to make up when he was taken out. So needless to say, college wasn't in his plans. He has applied for every kind of job there is, but we live in a small area, and most jobs are gone before they get posted in the paper. I am SO tired of the attitudes I hear when people say, "So what is D doing?" (He is 21 tomorrow). They act like he WANTS to not work, which is so not true. There is just no work in our area.

My daughter is 24. She has been looking for work for several years now. She graduated in 2007 from an online program where she had an A average. She only worked part-time at Wendy's a year or two ago and there just hasn't been anything out there at all for her to do. She has been actively looking this entire time.