Menu

need advice!

Has anyone had a problem with deodorant burning their underarms? This has just started lately. I've never had any sensitive skin issues. I've also noticed that it just doesn't work as well as it did.

Am I getting old? Are the hormones possibly wacked up? I've tried the natural kind - the kind I'd rather use - with no aluminum, but they really don't work as well.

Any advice?

Thanks.,

Melissa

I can't use the kind that doesn't leave white residue. It made my underarms break out. Have you tried switching brands? I would also try changing to roll-on or aerosol (assuming you use solid). If you use the same brand regularly, check with the company to see if they have made any changes to its formula.

I had a similar problem and had to switch from the brand I was using for awhile to a "gentler" brand. I was eventually able to switch back. Do make sure that that area gets washed and rinsed very well, as residual soap deposits can exacerbate the "harsh" factor in such a sensitive place.

If you feel like you are having an allergic reaction under your arms like I was (itching, burning sensations), I would rub some Benadryl cream under there and leave it on over night before you apply deodorant in the morning. You might also try switching brands.

I use Arm and Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant in Unscented. It has never made me itchy, accept right after shaving, so I just wait a few minutes before applying after a shower. It is aluminum and paraben free. Hopefully you can try it and see if it works for you.