Menu

Need ideas for dh's 50th birthday.

dirty ethel rackham

This is Hunky Engineer Man we are talking about. I can't think of anything to get him or do for his 50th birthday in a couple of weeks. He really doesn't have many hobbies, except for gardening. Our family vacations consist of seeing a national park and doing some outdoorsy type stuff, but he has everything he needs there. I am at a loss. Any good shows in the Chicago area to take him to? Maybe I can find a Groupon for a nice hotel overnight. Hmmm. Running out of time.

I can't think of anything to get him or do for his 50th birthday in a couple of weeks. He really doesn't have many hobbies, except for gardening.

My husband saw a scythe demonstrated at a local organic garden and fell in love with it. He gardens organically and does not wish to use any petroleum based products (such as a gas lawn mower) in the garden. He got his first scythe a couple of years ago and requested a shorter bladed one this past Christmas. We ordered from the Marugg Company which can customize the snath (the handle) to your husband's measurements.

Regards,

Kareni

My DH turned 50 this year. We went about 3 hours out of town, stayed at a nice hotel (with an AARP discount LOL), ate at brew pubs, went hiking, whatever his heart desired. It was a nice weekend. He did not want a party. Which was too bad because I wanted revenge for my 40th 2 years ago.

We had a big birthday party for my dh this past October. We booked it at an place out in the burbs that used to be a farm and now capitalizes on its quaintness and farm fresh food. It was lots of fun and the restaurant did everything for me! Except at the last minute I got balloons and we made table centerpieces. My musician son and two friends provided the music.

I think the Groupon idea is good.