Menu

What's for dinner?

KathyBC

I can always use some inspiration. What did you have last night or what are you planning for tomorrow night?

We had a great last-minute dinner Sunday: German potato soup, bran-date drop biscuits, and tossed salad. Monday was good, too: Pork roast, homemade applesauce, curly noodles, and coleslaw. Tonight was meh: Stovetop stew and toasted leftover focaccia bread.

But I have no idea for tomorrow. ?

Here's our week's menu:

Sunday - herb crusted chicken, chili-ginger pasta, and salad made with fennel, arugula, pear, and pechorino cheese

Monday - seared loin steak, french onion soup, mixed wild and long grain rice

Tuesday - beef stew (made with the leftover wine from Monday) and whole wheat bread.

Wednesday - make your own calzones

Thursday - leftover night!! (we're way too busy to cook)

Friday - TBD, but looking to be potato soup with baguette sandwiches (ham, smoked provelone, arugula, onion, and tomato, then wrapped in tin foil and baked during soup making)

ETA: To be honest, I have a husband who is an amazing cook and loves to do it, so I'm willing to let him. :D I'll do the prep work before he gets home and he takes over the rest. The only time I cook is when we're having Mexican, Chinese, or something in the dutch oven, like the beef stew.

Last night--leftover spiced couscous with chicken and carrots from Sunday ( http://www.foodnetwo...cipe/index.html ) Pretty quick recipe, and it was one of those "assemble each serving" recipes, where you divided couscous/chicken, carrots, raisin/almond/scallion mixture onto each plate. Turns out, it's just as good if you mix up all the leftovers (to store easily in the fridge), then heat and serve.

Tonight: pork chops with mustardy apples and onions ( http://www.dinneralo...-chops-tonight/ ) with leftover rosti potatoes (from our meal at the best Swiss restaurant ever).

First course is always a salad of some sort.

Last night we had pot roast, tonight the kids and hubby will be having chicken quesadillas. I will scrounge up something else for myself. The quesadilla filling is something I pulled out of the freezer and has lots of onions in it. I'm not willing to risk that the onions won't bother the newly arrived son and I want to sleep tonight so I will just eat something else.

Last night we had this black-eyed pea soup. I had leftover black-eyed peas from a previous meal. I cooked the whole bag of peas but didn't use all of them. We don't like collard or mustard greens, so I substituted spinach. I didn't have fresh thyme so I used dried. I also didn't do the bread thing. Dh and ds both loved it.

Monday night we had Chili Lime Pork Tenderloin from The Fresh 20.

We're going to visit with my niece and her almost 5 yo twins this afternoon and I don't know what time we'll get home. I need something easy, so we're having chili dogs. :leaving:

Last night, I marinated flank steak, cut up into bite-size pieces, in honey and soy sauce, added garlic and ginger, and cooked in the crock pot for a long time (5 hours on high/low). It tasted pretty good, so I'll serve it over brown rice, with a salad and green beans. There is a sauce, since I used a lot of honey and soy sauce.

I'm cooking chicken thighs in the crockpot now, probably will turn that into chicken soup or chicken and dumplings. I want to eat dumplings, but they are not on my healthy eating plan. Will serve with salad; also will have plenty of carrots in whichever option my willpower decides upon.

Also have some boneless chicken breasts that I'll add to the crockpot now, while I'm thinking about it. I'll slice it and make a white wine sauce for it later. Will serve that with salad, broccoli, and roasted, unpeeled, potatoes.

I've got banana muffins in the oven now, and will probably serve mini muffins with dinner. DH likes that ... our favorite restaurant (closed long ago) in Atlanta served little muffins with every dinner, and it reminds him of that.

That will get me through the next couple of days, probably.

i made hot dogs wrapped in biscuits yesterday, with fresh veggie platter. tonight was supposed to be slow-cooker chicken but i just dont feel like making it. tomorrow was leftover home-made pizza, which i'd already gotten out of the freezer to thaw because i got the days mixed up, so I'll probably swap the two. Tomorrow is even less busy than today - we just need to eat early. friday is chili for grownups and quesidillas for the kids

Last night was smothered black bean burritos.

Tonight, I'm making twice-baked potatoes and possibly a salad for my husband, who needs to have something easy ready to eat when he gets home from work. My son is taking a couple of the potatoes, along with some soy milk and a piece of fruit on the road with him to eat during his dinner break between dance classes. He is also planning on a second dinner of pasta using the bread and sauce I made today for after he gets home from the studio.

My daughter will probably use some of the Italian bread I made today for hummus sandwiches to take for her between-work-and-rehearsal dinner later.

I snacked on far too many potato skins while cooking and so will likely just take a snack to eat while I'm waiting for them in the car.

If all goes well, at least three of us should be here for dinner tomorrow, and I think I'm making falafel and couscous.

I have chicken tenderloins defrosting and am going to make easy (as in 5 ingredients) chicken parm (no dredging in bread crumbs or anything hard, just throwing in a baking dish with croutouns, sauce, and mozzarella and baking), pasta, and salad.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-best-parmesan-chicken-bake/detail.aspx?src=VD_Summary

Tonight: macaroni and cheese (homemade--is there any other kind?), steamed Romanesco (funky veg night) and salad.

Last night: leftover bean stew served on spaghetti squash with homemade herb/cheese biscuits.

For those out of the loop, here is a photo of Romanesco:

Hey it's a Fibonacci vegetable! Dine and do math!

Last night was chicken breasts with a yummy garlic sauce over rice noodles with a spinach salad

Tonight is breakfast because I worked really hard today and can't cook too - eggs made by youngest, pancakes made by middle, bacon makes itself, and I'm getting berries out of the frdge.

Tomorrow is tacos.

Guest inoubliable

I'm exhausted and not in the mood to cook much. I've got spaghetti sauce hanging out in a slow cooker and DH can start some pasta when he gets home. Hopefully I can find the energy to put together some bean burgers tomorrow night.