Menu

Drive Thru History season 1 now available on Netflix Streaming

TarynB

For those who have Netflix Streaming, Drive Thru History season 1 has just recently been added. I had been thinking about buying the DVD but I'm glad I waited! Not full coverage of history by any means, but still a fun summary.

Link to Netflix

"Emphasizing the positive role that Christianity played in the development of Western civilization, this fast-and-furious series hosted by Dave Stotts takes viewers on a journey through the sites and cultures of ancient Greece, Rome and Asia Minor."

Just recently heard about these and then found out they were on Netflix, yippee! They're a little old for my kids, but they're short, right? ;-)

Each episode is almost half an hour. I don't recall anything in them that makes me think they are inappropriate for young kids at all. I don't know the age of your kids, but it can't hurt to try. If they get bored with it, they'll just wander off! My DS10 enjoys them and he thinks the host is quite funny.

We just watched the first episode this afternoon. The boys loved it, especially when "Romulus gave Remus the ninja kick" LOL

Yeah, my kid loved that part too! He laughed so hard and re-played that part several times, then walked around quoting it the rest of the day. Even if he forgets everything else, I know he'll remember the story of Romulus and Remus!