Menu

HOD Bigger - What Extras Do I Need?

elizsharp

I'm considering purchasing the HOD Bigger program and wondering what extra items will need to be purchased? I saw mention of a globe and index cards and binders? Is there a list in the curriculum they provide so I can be prepared in advance? Reading between the lines this means I bought it last night and want to go shopping for all the extras today while hubby watches football LOL. Any assistance in fueling my need for instant gratification would be much appreciated!

In the introduction there is an explanation of what you need to get started. A globe and or map will be used regularly. I like this map and we use it regularly. We also have a globe. Also you will need something for a History and Science notebook. You can use either a binder or a sketch book. For my ds when he did bigger I bought these from Miller Pads and Papers for his science and history notebooks. You will also need a notebook for spelling/dictation, a notebook for grammar, a notebook or a file box for vocabulary words, and a timeline. There is instructions for making a timeline from a file folder. I believe that you can view the introduction of Bigger here. You can see a picture of my ds history notebook from Bigger in this blog post. If you have any other questions about Bigger feel free to ask me here or PM me. I went through all of Bigger with my ds last year and will be starting it again soon with my dd. One other extra thing that I found useful with bigger was some of the Safari LTD. Toobs. Especially the Jamestown, Powhatan Indians, Wild West, Civil war, and Revolutionary war ones. These aren't necessary but my ds really likes them. :)