Menu

And I thought cloth diapering was complex!

Well I'm past the "cloth diaper, new to parenting" stage and here I am with a 5 year old. Though my husband is supportive of my decision to homeschool and I have been a part of a local co-op for the past two years, I am still a little panicked about the whole idea. There are just so many different teaching approaches, learning styles and curriculum, not to mention the endless ideas on the internet and of course the valuable wisdom of friends who have been there/done that. My head is swimming and I am feeling a bit lost and unsure as to where to even start. Of course it doesn't help that I am about as indecisive as they come, either!

Well anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself. I guess I've already been informally "homeschooling" our daughter, though declaring it as "official" raises the blood pressure just a tad. Thanks for listening. I look forward to spending more time on these forums and gleaning wisdom from those of you who been around the block a few more times.

Heather from the beautiful Pacific Northwest

Welcome Heather.

I can't imagine starting now with all this too too much information, wisdom and shiny, expensive, options around.

We started way back, pre internet and without other home schoolers.

So whatever we did was OK and we got to learn on the job.

Of course we could have done with some good advice. Often. but we got there.

I love that we now have so many other Home Eding friends to share with.

It doesn't have to be complex, or to follow a formula.

Enjoy following your child.