Menu

So much gratitude to express!

Our hs'ing journey began six years ago when we brought our then 2nd grade dd home from ps. Because we live in a rural area and I also work part-time, it wasn't possible to be in a co-op long term or even go to a parent group for support. I had a few friends that were helpful, but I wanted a broader resource. Thankfully, I found this forum, and I have to say it saved our lives. I was able to glean SOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo much information here - I can't even begin to tell you what a difference The Hive made to me as a hs mom and also as an individual. Thanks to everyone here I have been able to search and find amazing curriculum, teach my dd in a customized direction that meets her needs, and I've learned a ton about classical education that has corresponded beautifully with what I've been learning as a teacher at a classical Christian school.

And then there are all of those recipes. :hurray:

Some of you already know that this year is our last year to hs, as we are enrolling our dd in the school where I'm on faculty because it will work beautifully for her high school years. I've come here a little less often this past year than I used to, but I can't completely stay away. You have been my community and I love learning more about what you're learning and experiencing. And today I feel that I need to say thank you for all that I've benefitted from since joining. Mostly, I'm grateful to SWB for so many, many things, but high up on the list is thanks to her for helping me guiltlessly embrace sending my child to a school rather than continuing to hs. As much as I believe in hs'ing, I understand better that seasons come and go throughout a student's education and the needs of a family. And I also want to publicly thank SWB and her team for giving us this amazing forum, as well as creating such superb curriculum. We are currently using WWS2 beta as our writing curriculum for instance...What a privilege to be part of the process of another textbook in the making!

Another wonderful benefit I've realized is in my own learning. I have a bachelor's degree and have been a teacher for many years, but through hs'ing and this forum I've been totally turned on to self-education. When dd is back in a school setting I will have a bit more time to do my own reading and learning. I'm pretty excited about that.

I'll be popping in here and there, but mostly lurking. I'm sure there are a number of us that come here that don't hs any longer. Where else could we find people of like minds that are interested in learning and growing, prayerful support and encouragement? I have no idea where else on the globe this exists, and for that I must say a big THANK YOU!

Blessings,

Lucinda

I am new to this forum, but I wanted to say God bless you and continue to grow in knowledge!!!!! I hope I can get as much out of this place as you have - and what a gracious person you are to come back and thank the hive!

It was a big hope of mine that someone like you would read my post and be encouraged. Thank you for reaching out, and God bless you on your hs journey.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Lucinda,

This is beautiful, and it deserves a huge BUMP. You have expressed many of the thoughts I've had over the years, too. I just don't know what I would have done without this forum. As well, I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years.

Thank you so much for your comments, Colleen. I have appreciated your posts as well.

The Hive has been so instrumental in my daily life that it's hard to imagine not coming here any more. Time will tell, but I think it will serve as a great place to check in when it comes to self-education. Anyone else feel the same way?

Blessings,

Lucinda