For SpyCar, thinking of you and your dad

Miss Peregrine

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Friends,

It is with deep regret that I wish to inform you that my father passed away on Saturday evening.

It is impossible for me to make an adequate tribute to my father here at this time, but in the near future I will return and share some details of his extraordinary life.

For now, let me just say that I was blessed to be by his side constantly since early Wednesday morning. That day, I sensed a change in him (even where his doctor's and nurses couldn't see it) and we entered hospice at a wonderful VA facility here in Los Angeles. I had the great opportunity to alert friends, family, and admirers of my father's in the cultural community, and they had the opportunity to gisit and show him their love and respect.

My father was alert and aware until the end. I never left his side. We had a huge room with couches that pulled into beds, so I stayed by his side and held his hand while he slept, and tended him from Wednesday until Saturday when he passed. My bother Bob spent the last couple nights with us too, he (not) sleeping on one side of Dad's bed holding one hand, and me on the other side holding his other.

While is was (and is) profoundly hard to lose him, his passing could not have been more beautiful. There are few things I wanted more in this world than to be at my father's side when the time came, holding his hard and telling him how much he was loved. I feel extremely blessed that I had this chance.

My dad and I were so close. We spoke almost everyday of my life. He nurtured me, and so many others. It was so moving in the final hours how may significant people came forward and spoke about my dad being the person who recognized their talents and encouraged them to achieve their greatness.

Forgive me if I leave this post at that for now. Between serious lack of sleep, the numerous people I need to reach out to, and arrangements that need to be made, I don't expect to have much time.

I'm sorry to bring sorrow to the forum, but I appreciate all the kindness you all have extended in the past, and felt it was right to let you know.

Peace to all,

Bill

Dear Friends,

It is with deep regret that I wish to inform you that my father passed away on Saturday evening.

It is impossible for me to make an adequate tribute to my father here at this time, but in the near future I will return and share some details of his extraordinary life.

For now, let me just say that I was blessed to be my his side constantly since early Wednesday morning. That day, I sensed a change in him (even where his doctor's and nurses couldn't see it) and we entered hospice at a wonderful VA facility here in Los Angeles. I had the great opportunity to alert friends, family, and admirers of my father's in the cultural community, and they had the opportunity to show him their love and respect.

My father was alert and aware until the end. I never left his side. We had a huge room with couches that pulled into beds, so I stayed by his side and held his hand while he slept, and tended him from Wednesday until Saturady when he passed. My bother Bob spent the last couple nights with us too, he (not) sleeping on one side of Dad's bed holding one hand, and me on the other side holding his other.

While is was (and is) profoundly hard to loose him, his passing could not have been more beautiful. There are few things I wanted more in this world that to be at my father's side, holding his hard and telling him how much he was loved. I feel extremely blessed that I had this chance.

My dad and I were so close. We spoke almost everyday of my life. He nurtured me, and so many others. It was so moving in the final hours how may significant people came forward and spoke about my dad being the person who recognized their talents and encouraged them to achieve their greatness.

Forgive me if I leave this post at that for now. Between serious lack of sleep, the numerous people I need to reach out to, and arrangements that need to be made, I don't expect to have much time.

I'm sorry to bring sorrow to the forum, but appreciate all the kindness you all have extended in the past, and felt it was right to let you know.

Peace to all,

Bill

I'm so sorry, Bill. It sounds like he was a fabulous father and man.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I agree there can be much peace found in those moments of saying goodbye; I am glad you had that opportunity.

May that peace extend into this time of remembrance for you and your family.

(((Bill)))

:grouphug: Bill, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know you will miss your father, and am sorry for the grief you bear. I am glad that his passing was full of love and friendship for both of you, glad that you were there with him. I will pray for you and your loved ones in the days to come. :grouphug:

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I am glad, for you, that his passing was peaceful and filled with love. There is little comfort one can provide after such a loss, but I hope that the world goes a little easy on you and yours during this time of grief.

It is lovely that your father touched so many others, that his footprint left on this earth may be a deep one, long felt.