Menu

For SpyCar, thinking of you and your dad

Miss Peregrine

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, I recall pumping gas on a hot late August day in 2006 and talking on the phone to my best friend. At that point, my mother was on 24 hour hospice and not eating or drinking. Her breathing was labored. We knew it would not be long. I told my friend that though this was a time of loss that these moments were also precious because they were my mother's last ones on earth. Wishing for you and your family the preciousness of these moments.

just read this thread and updates

Know you are dear to so many here, Bill. It is quite something to be allowed to share, however remotely, in someone's grief. It's an odd gift, a rare and solemn one; quiet and valuable. Thank you for not being private, but allowing us to see a bit of how much you love him, and how much he means to you.

And oh, how your dad loves you...

(((Bill))) (((Bill's Dad)))

Over the last couple days my father has developed what the doctors are calling a "Kennedy Terminal Ulcer."

Terminal Ulcer. How's that sound? Evidently a subset of "bedsore," but worse. Because the "ulcer" isn't what is terminal (not that it is in any way positive) it is that the body, to defend vital organs—which does not include skin—sends blood and other resources to the vital organs, and the skin suffers "ulcers."

I'm trying to read up on these, but seeing (time and again) that they are strongly associated with "dying" is sapping my spirit.

I very rarely feel depressed. Today is an exception.

Bill

Bill, I am sooooo sorry. There aren't words. My prayers and thoughts will be with you and your dad.

Faith

Over the last couple days my father has developed what the doctors are calling a "Kennedy Terminal Ulcer."

Terminal Ulcer. How's that sound? Evidently a subset of "bedsore," but worse. Because the "ulcer" isn't what is terminal (not that it is in any way positive) it is that the body, to defend vital organs—which does not include skin—sends blood and other resources to the vital organs, and the skin suffers "ulcers."

I'm trying to read up on these, but seeing (time and again) that they are strongly associated with "dying" is sapping my spirit.

I very rarely feel depressed. Today is an exception.

Bill

I am just now seeing your update, as I haven't been on for more than a second or two here and there.

Bill, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Of course you are depressed! That is completely normal.

You and your family remain in my thoughts. :grouphug:

Had a great long visit with my dad today with two old mutual friends who are filmmakers. One has known my dad for more than 50 years.

My dad was actually feeling much better than he was two days ago. I'm gaining cautious optimism.

Thanks again for all the support.

Bill

My dad was actually feeling much better than he was two days ago. I'm gaining cautious optimism.

Thanks again for all the support.

Bill

I'm so glad you had a good visit. Keeping your father and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thinking of you Bill and hoping your dad has stabilized.17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg

Reported. :angry:

It seems our idiotic copy-&-paste troll is back again. I can't even describe what I think of the kind of horrible person who would spam a thread like this. It is absolutely sickening.