Menu

For SpyCar, thinking of you and your dad

Miss Peregrine

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thank you to all for your well wishes and concerns.

My father is doing very well. He never made it home, but mainly due to his choice of wanting to be in more of a medical setting than he would have been at home. So we were able to get him in a VA facility very near me (which makes it possible to see him often) and we have retained his personal caregivers, so he gets a lot of attention.

While he has 4th stage lung cancer, it is a rare type that is very treatable using a targeted chemotherapy that has had no side effects. It has been an almost "miracle" drug in keeping the cancer at bay. We are pretty fortunate.

I was happy to see G.H.W. Bush finally got home (but he too missed Christmas).

Sometimes you take what you get. In our case I feel pretty blessed.

Bill

On Wednesday I'm taking Dad to see his grandson (my nephew), who is a basketball phenonom play in the CA State basketball playoffs. My Dad has been going to see his grandson play in almost all his games since he was a little boy (and even then the talents were clear), and Dad lives to see him play.

In recent weeks Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, and Rice (amoung others) have made my nephew offers to attend. He is an exciting player to see. And it means the world to my Dad.

Bill

On Wednesday I'm taking Dad to see his grandson (my nephew), who is a basketball phenonom play in the CA State basketball playoffs. My Dad has been going to see his grandson play in almost all his games since he was a little boy (and even then the talents were clear), and Dad lives to see him play.

In recent weeks Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, and Rice (amoung others) have made my nephew offers to attend. He is an exciting player to see. And it means the world to my Dad.

Bill

Bill, that is truly marvelous to hear!

Faith