Menu

Family Journal/Diary ?

Lolosoli

I've been planning to do a 10 year one that I saw on pinterest. It is a year's worth of index cards with dates on them. Each day you just write on one line of that day's card. You write on the next line the next year. When the index cards are filled you have 10 years of memories. Each day you write something reminds you of what was happening that day the years before. Now I actually have to do it.

I've seen that!!! I printed it all off too and have it downstairs in my craft room all ready to go! I haven't made the time to complete it though! I even purchased the time stamper!!

I write bits and pieces on my calendar and I LOVE to go back and read them!

I'm going to research computer based programs and see if that helps...I do type faster than I write! Hmmm?

I keep a blog, does that count? :laugh:

I've been planning to do a 10 year one that I saw on pinterest. It is a year's worth of index cards with dates on them. Each day you just write on one line of that day's card. You write on the next line the next year. When the index cards are filled you have 10 years of memories. Each day you write something reminds you of what was happening that day the years before. Now I actually have to do it.

This is what we started this year. :) So far, it's easy enough for me to remember even if I get a day or two behind.

I write down a sentence or two about each day. My intention is to do this each morning. What really happens is that once a week or so, I sit down with my calendar and write down the stuff that happened (where we went, what we did, etc.) A lot of it is mundane stuff (baseball practice, school at home, etc.) but sometimes there are milestones, too (birthdays, anniversaries, ds learning to ride a bike; getting together with old friends, etc.). I keep these notes on a legal pad, and then on New Year's Day we flip through and read the highlights of the year out loud. Once or twice, I've even used this family journal to verify when something important happened that I never would have been able to pinpoint otherwise.