Menu

Need a new GF dinner recipe......

Susann

I've decided that every weekend dd is home from college I'll make her a new GF recipe. Christmas break I made Sweet & Sour Chicken and she loved it (asked for it 3 other times!). Trying to get some weight on the kiddo and wanting her to enjoy meals more. Soooooo, does anyone have a recipe that's a rave????????

If you register for this site you will receive a new recipe by email every day. Some of them are really good; all of the ones I have tried have met with great success and even my gluten loving family likes them.

http://www.glutenfre....com/login.aspx

Here's another site with lots of recipes: http://www.celiaccentral.org/gluten-free-recipes/

I take a chicken breast and slice it through the center (making two thinner pieces) and coat them in coconut or garbanzo bean flour. Fry them in a pan with olive oil and butter. When cooked, remove the chicken and set aside. In the pan, add a forkful of whatever flour you used and whisk. These flours clump fast, so whisk a lot. Add another forkful of flour if theres a lot of liquid. Then add chicken or beef stock/broth and whisk some more. Add lemon juice and thyme until it smells good. Lol. Add the chicken back to the pan to simmer in the sauce. It should thicken a little.

Some weeks dd will ask for heavy thyme or lemon, or heavy both making it stronger. Some weeks the sauce comes out like paste, others like water.

Marsala is about the same. In a separate pan from the chicken pan (because i never have space) sauté some mushrooms and shallots in oil.

To make the sauce, again take out the chicken and add some flour to pan and whisk. I add 1/2 sherry wine and 1/2 cup Marsala wine because it makes the right amount for us, but play around with it.

Let the wines start to thicken with the flour, then add beef stock/broth and the mushrooms and shallots. Mix it up and put the chicken back and let simmer.

Hmm, looking at the things I planned for this week - home made gf pizza, pork roast with mashed potatoes, lamb chops and roasted veggies, shepherd pie, whole roasted chicken and quartered potatoes roasted in the pan under the chicken (yum!), lemon-marinated chicken breasts and coleslaw, gluten free spaghetti, tacos (crunchy corn tacos). is that all too boring? lol

I made chicken tikka masala for the first time this week. It was absolutely delicious. Our household fought over the leftovers and I cannot wait to make it again! It has several steps but is quite easy. Here is the recipe I used. It was great served over brown rice with some gobi aloo on the side.

I made chicken tikka masala for the first time this week. It was absolutely delicious. Our household fought over the leftovers and I cannot wait to make it again! It has several steps but is quite easy. Here is the recipe I used. It was great served over brown rice with some gobi aloo on the side.

That looks and sounds delicious. I had to Google Gobi aloo. Cauliflower & potatoes - yummy.

I am adding this meal to my 'must try' list for this week.

That looks and sounds delicious. I had to Google Gobi aloo. Cauliflower & potatoes - yummy.

I am adding this meal to my 'must try' list for this week.

I forgot to mention that I nixed the last three teaspoons of salt added to the sauce based on others' reviews. I just salted to taste. Enjoy!