Menu

Can you check out my logo for my business?

cajunrose

I sell soap that I have made. I'm getting the logo redesigned. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do. I have a favorite but apparently it's hard to read. I'm looking at it so much I'm starting to hate it...lol Can you look at it for me? I'll post a link to my business in a bit after you see the logo first.

The one that has 2 on it is one she worked on a little more for me to make it flow better. Don't pay attention to colors on the one with a lot of logo's on it.

I think I resized them too small. I think you can see them bigger here:

https://www.dropbox....ntsdesigns5.jpg

https://www.dropbox....ressscents6.jpg

post-3826-0-31418600-1358089107_thumb.jpg

post-3826-0-08727200-1358089119_thumb.jpg

I find the logos on the second link where the c is split across two colours hard to read. On the first link I prefer the ones in the column on the left particularly the top one. I prefer the y on these as the tail of the y in the other doesn't really echo the shape of the space it is in and just looks awkward. It probably coud be improved if that one letter was made narrower, or the tail was so it scooched over and up a little.

I definitely like the one on the top left best. It doesn't run together as much as the others. I know you said to ignore the colors, but I really do like the two different colors in that one (blue and green). I think makes the logo easier to read and more distinctive.

To me, what stands out most prominently in all of the designs is the word "cents". Only by looking more closely am I able to read the full name.

Now, I think the overall appearance is really cute! And I like the name a lot. But I'm not sure "cents" is what you want to be emphasizing.

The "C" in Cypress looks like a "G" to me too. I would disentangle the "C" from the "S" in Scents a bit to make it more legible. Maybe move the beginning of Cypress over to the left a bit more? I do like the colors, font, and overall feel (I think the top left logo looks the best).

To me, what stands out most prominently in all of the designs is the word "cents". Only by looking more closely am I able to read the full name.

Now, I think the overall appearance is really cute! And I like the name a lot. But I'm not sure "cents" is what you want to be emphasizing.

:iagree:

Also, the swirly way in which the C and the S are intertwined looks stylistic, but isn't particularly practical, as it makes the words harder to read.

I know that designers tend to tell you that you need a fancy logo, but there is definitely a reason why companies like Chanel, Coach, and many others keep things super-simple. If you hold your new logo options at a distance (like you would see them on a store shelf or a display rack or table,) you may find that the letters and design all sort of blend together into a pretty pattern, rather than emphasize your company name. That defeats the purpose of having a logo, as the purpose of a logo is to develop brand recognition.

I think the options you posted are pretty, but are impractical and don't serve any real purpose, so I think the designer needs to come up with more options for you.