Menu

Influenza A

Mango

It's going around! Who's battling it?

My sister's a nurse at a local hospital and she got called in tonight for a "state of emergency." Every bed in the ER, Day surgery for ALL the local hospitals are FULL of flu patients. And the waiting room has another couple dozen waiting. . . . .

YIKES!

Fogging my family tonight with some Thieves essential oil and using the oregano for good measure.

Stay well friends.

If you have it take care and baby yourselves!

We all had it over Christmas ... it was terrible. It got each of us - one by one. It seemed like each day another one or two of us was sick with it. The high fever was bad and lasted for probably 3 days (along with body aches) but the cough wouldn't go away ... it seemed like forever. It took me a full two weeks with tons and tons of prescription medicine to feel normal again. It was the sickest I've ever been. Several of my kids got pretty sick (one got it more mildly than the rest of us) but the cough lasted between 1-2 weeks for all of them -- most didn't need medicine for it. My asthma made it much more severe for me, I suppose ... but I've never had anything that bad.

We were not a confirmed case. BUT we were exposed to confirmed Influenza A and developed symptoms a 3 days later. We had fevers for 6 days, cough, extreme sore throat. 3 weeks later, DS and I still have some remnant cough/upper respitory stuff going on. DD did have confirmed influenza B once, and this was very similar. She was younger, and the fevers were worse, but the symptoms and duration were almost identical. We also had H1N1 when that came around the first time and no one was immunized yet.

ETA - DH came down with something 5 days in for the rest of us. He had a flu shot. His illness looked more like a regular cold. He felt kind of cruddy, but functional for 3 or 4 days. We missed our flu shots this fall. Won't make the same mistake next fall!

My oldest dd and my youngest ds have been sick this week. I don't think it is influenza though, doesn't seem severe enough. They both had fever, headache, cough, runny nose, and each of them threw up once so far. Dd had it first and the fever lasted 2-3 days and now she just has the cough.

It's like that in our state, too. My daughter had it the day after Christmas. Her temperature was hovering around 104.5, and we almost brought her to the emergency room. Then her husband caught it two days later. (And it's the first time he has ever had the flu. He thought he was dying! He's from Central America.) Fortunately no one else has gotten it. My husband and I both had the vaccine.

We have been *so sick*.

All of us came down with the same thing, at the same time: Fever/chills, headache, extreme body aches for 3-4 days, and then a horrible, wet-sounding cough that has hung on for almost two weeks and shows no signs of going away any time soon.

One of my ds escaped it, but only because he was out of town for several weeks.