Menu

In the mood for biscuits.

amo_mea_filiis.

I make bacon white/cream gravy for biscuits. A lot of people make sausage gravy. I start with a rue of butter or bacon grease with flour (use substituion here I suppose) salt and pepper. Brown it up for a minute and whisk in lots of milk until it's the consistency you want. Keep whisking so it doesn't have lumps. I add crumbled bacon and salt/pepper to taste. Maybe a pro gf cook on the board will have more precise help.

Where I grew up cookies were called biscuits. So I would serve tea with them. Not much help am I :D

Now I'm wondering what we called biscuits. I think scones. In which case I'd served them with butter, thick cream and raspberry jam and a hot pot of strong black tea, extra water on the side please, milk to taste, no sugar.

Pardon my proustian ramblings...

my gf/cf biscuits come out pretty good, but i use mostly starches and less than 50% flour, not whats usually recommended. they get dry the second day. Jam is good, sausage is good, bacon and eggs is good.

my sausage gravy recipe:

cook 1/2 lb breakfast sausage in 2 tb margarine

stir in black and red pepper and 2.5 tb flour (corn flour is what i use, but anything is fine) and cook a bit, stirring

add 1.5 c milk sub gradually while stirring with a whisk. Boil, stirring, until thick.

if you have it, add a gluten free beef bullion cube or tsp of loose bullion. otherwise season to taste with salt and pepper.