Menu

Girl Scouts vs AHG?

Stayseeliz

The issue is that the GS and AHG troops here are NOT equal so I can't just choose the more "Christian" option. Another poster made a comment about a GS leader that made grown women cry. That's what our local AHG leader is like. LITERALLY. I know of at least 5 women she reduced to tears and left the troop because of her. So AHG is NOT an option for us right now. It might be if she leaves the troop. But I don't think I could go even if she were just another member. I just can't do it.

As an FYI, you and the other women who left *can* start your own troop. We have more than one in our area...I chose one over the other because of the date/time it met. I love our leaders though (and I'm a Pi/Pa unit leader now, too). Lastly, as a previous poster said, I *would* contact the National Membership office and tell them about your experience. If you wish to go that route, I'd be more than happy to be a sounding board for you :D

My daughters have been so blessed to be a part of AHG. My oldest was in GS for 4 years at first, because there were no AHG troops in our area, she never felt like she "fit" in the GS troop...and has said from day one with AHG how comfortable she is there.