Menu

Stores for long waisted shirts???

Amethyst

My dd15 is long waisted. She is tallish and very thin. So clothes that are size 0 or 1 which seem like they should fit, are too short in the waist (and the sleeves). Maybe I've been shopping at the wrong stores??? Are there any good stores that you've found that are better suited for tall teenage girls? Thanks!

I get the long tanks and camis from Old Navy - their perfect tank collection. We have also had good luck finding shirts with longer sleeves/bodies at Gap and Nordstroms.

I'm short, but I like long shirts for modesty's sake. I wear an Old Navy tank under most things, because they are long, thin, and make a good base layer.

When shopping for our nephew (who is super tall, but super thin due to a medical condition) I discovered that Sears of all places has the skinniest and longest clothes (at least for boys). DH's bro actually lives in Germany and had a hard time finding clothes to fit and was THRILLED with the clothes we sent...

Might be different for teen girls, but worth a check...