Menu

A sense of panic

lollie010

I am trying hard to keep the day moving forward. But, my dad was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer and has undergone radiation and chemo. Today my parents are supposed to get the results of scans to see if his cancer responded to the treatment. The oncologist has already indicated that he did not feel that my father was healthy enough for the next round of treatment. Anyway the apt was 3.5 hours ago and no word from my parents yet. I don't want to assume the worst but they would have called if there was anything positive to report. Otherwise, I guess they are just going to wait until this evening when my husband is home. They know I am home alone with a newborn, 4yo, 7yo and 8yo. depending on me. I just cannot get myself together today. Thanks for listening.

Wow! Just got the phone call. My mom was so excited that I did not even recognize her voice. For a moment I wondered if she was telling the truth. But, the oncologist reported that the CAT scan shows NO cancer. He will have another PET scan in two months. I am in shock...he has been so sick.

Wow! Just got the phone call. My mom was so excited that I did not even recognize her voice. For a moment I wondered if she was telling the truth. But, the oncologist reported that the CAT scan shows NO cancer. He will have another PET scan in two months. I am in shock...he has been so sick.

I'm going to cry happy tears. :crying: That is so fantastic!!! :party: :party: :party:

I am so happy for you all! Cancer is such a roller coaster ride. But good news is a call for :hurray: and :party:

:grouphug:

Cancer sucks.

:grouphug: I could not agree more with the above. Cancer is evil.

You updated while I posted. How absolutely awesome! I am so happy to hear some good news where cancer is concerned for a change. :hurray:

Wonderful news! :party: