Menu

Teachers Cafe 1-10-2013

scrapbookbuzz

It's Thursday but in some ways feels like Monday: I woke up late this morning, which means I was late making breakfast for the kids,

realized I hadn't made any GF bread items, had to do my scheduled meeting by phone instead of face to face (which I prefer), and

the ASD kiddo is obviously still decompressing from our field trip yesterday. *sigh*

On a happy note, the instructor of my graduate class has to leave for 10 days next week, so I get an extension to work on this module.

Woohoo! I needed it!

What was for breakfast today? Here: bacon and cinnamon rolls

What's for lunch? Like I know! :p

What's your weather like today? It was warmer yesterday, almost 70 F. High today of 48 F and low tonight of 28 F! I'm so excited!

No, seriously, I am. I live in the DESERT, where in just a few short months it will be above 105 F almost every day. I enjoy the cold

weather while it lasts and it has taken way too long to get here.

Talk to me! :coolgleamA:

Hi ya, Scrap!

Today's breakfast was 1 slice of Ezekiel Cinnamon raisin toast spread with peanut butter, an egg and a slice of (wait for it. . . ) SPAM lite. And water.

I know what I'm having for lunch. Can you guess, Scrap?

It is snowing today. Little wispy snowflakes but snow. If I go 3 blocks downhill from us, the snow stops.

Breakfast was prepared by the girls: big girl made the eggs and small girl made the toast!

Lunch: Bagels, turkey bacon and raspberries (yes, breakfast for lunch!)

Dinner: tofu and pasta noodle bake with marinara sauce and cheese plus whole wheat oat bread that we are about to make after snacks

Weather: Low 40's and the snow is melting. We need more snow (dh is a salt miner!)

And I kept thinking today was Friday!

Hi! I slept late today too. Kids fed themselves cereal, like they usually do. I know, this is probably enough to qualify me for loser-mom status, but I've just accepted that I'm going to excel in other areas. I had an unavoidable but unplanned phone call (home business related) so we started school late. Still got most of it done, miraculously, but I am procrastinating on getting back into our Sonlight core so no read-alouds.

Lunch was grilled cheese and apples for the kids; avocado and cheese for me. I'm trying to cut my carbs and shed my holiday flab.

Weather is gorgeous -- mid-60s and sunny. I'm going to go for a walk after I finish my tea. Hoping both tea and sunshine will wake me up a little so that I can do the rest of this day (errands, dinner, etc). I am DRAGGING big time!

We all slept late too. First night back into Wednesday night church routine last night. We stayed late visiting with friends and kids were wound up when we got home so bedtime was late.

Breakfast was french toast and oj for DH and kids. Just fruit for me.

Lunch was clam chowder and sliced veggies.

Dinner is lentil stew, bread and avocado salad.

Viking day here! Longship from SOTW was a dud - too hard for DS to cut out and fragile once made. Stencils from Dover were a big hit. D'auliares Norse Myths and several library books on Vikings as well as SOTW in our reading today.

Finished Rascal as a RA at lunch. Next is My Father's Dragon.

It's rest time/room time now. DS is making a hilarious story with Lego. I love to sneak down the hall and listen in, but then he sees or hears me and wants to be out of his room....