Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Ack! I hate when I finish a task because then I'm lost while I figure out what I should do next. . . not because it is difficult to see other things that need to be done but because there are so many!

When all else fails. . .

Clean the kitchen

Laundry - 1 load still to fold and put away.

School specials:

Ds15 - chemistry seminar

Dd11 - History DVD

Handicrafts

Mask lights etc. in the cat's bathroom to prepare for painting

Paint ceiling.

Tidy living room.

Grocery store? I know that I need bananas. . .

Go through Teaching Co. stuff from library

Go to the library.

Guest inoubliable

Me! I'm feeling really overwhelmed today. Last night was stressful, this morning was a relief, but now I'm dealing with these darned allergy symptoms again. Looking at my list of things to do, I just feel like I need a nap. Accountability is going to have to be my motivator today. So.

So far:

-Breakfast

- Opened all windows in the house

- Empty trashcans brought back in the house

-Showered, dressed, makeup on

- Kids started on math

To do:

- Lunch (need to make pizza dough in advance)

- Decide on dinner

- Science for both olders

- Encourage olders to finish up their books

- Finish going through scrapbook stuff

- Pare down some email accounts

- Make a list of all different medical appointments needed by everyone in the next month and start getting names/phone numbers of docs through our insurance website

- Figure out the best way to sell off some curricula

I should be getting things done, but my husband's big interview is today and that's all I can think about. I exercised and did some cleaning and emailing and it's almost time for lunch, but I really can't think of anything to fill up the afternoon while I'm waiting for him to call later. Oh, I have put my five-year-old's shoes on at least four times and I brought the trash can in. And the neighbor's.

Maybe I'll do some baking this afternoon. Or maybe just drum my fingers.

What a horrible miserable no good day....it has now rained for three solid days...I'm flat sick of it and can't get anything done outside like I need to. My floors are muddy, my yard and pastures are muddier, and everything is just damp or wet.

That said, I don't have much planned since I can't do what I want to outside.

Laundry is done and the rest needs to be folded.

School work has been graded.

I have some large tins of buttons to sort through that a friend gave me after cleaning out her mothers home. I love buttons.

I have made my few phone calls...

Now I don't know what to do, lol.

Jean - what's our soundtrack for today? :)

I should be getting things done, but my husband's big interview is today and that's all I can think about. I exercised and did some cleaning and emailing and it's almost time for lunch, but I really can't think of anything to fill up the afternoon while I'm waiting for him to call later. Oh, I have put my five-year-old's shoes on at least four times and I brought the trash can in. And the neighbor's.

Maybe I'll do some baking this afternoon. Or maybe just drum my fingers.

I'm an impatient wait-er too. I know how you feel. Do you have some involved task that you could get involved in. Maybe go through all the kids clothes to see what still fits? That usually takes me a few hours and keeps my mind busy. :grouphug: I'm hoping for great news when he calls.

I'm going to be gone out of the house almost all tomorrow so I really need to be motivated to get a lot done today.

DONE:

Bed made

Laundry

HAVE TO DO:

Answer emails

DD to tennis

Spelling

Go through inbox

Pay overdue tax bill (oops!)

Make lunch

Write my sister

Review something for work

WANT TO DO:

Finish party reservations

Go to bank

Go to library

Thanks, everyone. You're the best. I just got a phone call from dh saying things went well this morning, so that's good.

Here's my list of non-essential but time-consuming activities to do this afternoon. I don't know if I'll actually do any of them, but just having some ideas would help. I'll also keep up on the emailing because I have to.

Go through the boxes under the bed and vacuum under there too

Make banana bread

Organize the bookcase in the family room

Help oldest son clean his room

Read something

Go through the closet upstairs to get the snow clothes out for tomorrow and then reorganize it

Jean, I love James Taylor, such a fabulous choice.

Amira, glad you heard from DH.

Friday here.

Three baskets of washing to fold and put away.

Lots of laundry to wash and hang out

Baking for the weekend and for some friends

Get blossoms to help me move some garden rubbish to a more appropriate place

Take library books back

Pick up mail that is at the post shop

Sort out my dining room cupboard

Have decided not to push it today, am feeling quite weary at the moment. Hoping to ease back into school next week, we've had since early dec off due to my surgery. Had to laugh yesterday, received a letter from the immunology dept yesterday saying I was on the urgent list and should be seen within six months. Glad I'm not on my death bed. Hehe. I do thank God that I live in a country with a great public health system so I'm not complaining at all.

I didn't really have a plan but so far I've:

run dishwasher -need to unload

Two loads of laundry

taken son to drs appt and then Aquinas Learning

nagged 17 to work (haven't been successful in actually motivating him though!)

answered email

cleaned off terrible mound of clutter that's been sitting on the big chair in my room (I meant to clean it a week ago and never did)

Did copy work and math with 11 yo

lectured 11 yo on bad attitude

Got 20 yo son up and out to his oral surgery follow up appt.

got 11 yo to spend about 5 minutes cleaning her room

I'm off to finish up cleaning that one corner of my room and then to put on a 3rd load of laundry (this time mine!)

Still need to take 11 yo to gymnastics

p/u 14 yo

continue to sit on 17 yo to get stuff done

order pizza

11 am check in.

Kitchen is sparkling.

Supplements and meds. have been taken.

I swept the kitchen floor and it was so nice to have a bigger area with no boxes to sweep!

I vacuumed the hallway and it was nice to have no boxes there either (those boxes fit on my new kitchen shelves too).

I took apart the vacuum to clean the beater bar area - do you know how dirty a vacuum gets?! Ds had to help me put it back together. . .

Dd is being a hormonal pill. My offense? Asking her to tell me about the history DVD she watched.

Ds is done with his chemistry experiment AND he cleaned up afterwards without me nagging!!!

Next up depends on dd. In the meantime, I'm going to do the laundry.

Guest inoubliable

2 pm check in.

To do:

- Lunch (need to make pizza dough in advancees not quite pizza. :( peanut butter sandwiches for kiddos and I had apples

- Decide on dinner Black bean burgers, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli

- Science for both olders

- Encourage olders to finish up their books

- Finish going through scrapbook stuff

- Pare down some email accounts

- Make a list of all different medical appointments needed by everyone in the next month and start getting names/phone numbers of docs through our insurance website

- Figure out the best way to sell off some curricula

DS7 begged and begged to do math instead of science, so we've been working on that and he's rocked right through several chapters. No idea if we'll get to the science but I'm holding out hope. Still trying to figure out the best way to sell some school books. Doesn't look like my local Craigslist is active for it.

Noon check in: Laundry is folded and put away. Woo hoo!

Dd got herself under control and we got spelling and Japanese done. We had fun going through one of my Japanese picture books. Preschool stuff is challenging even for a 5th grader when you're doing it in another language!

Ds finished history/lit. for the day.

Next up: Go through Teaching Co. stuff from library. And give myself a noon recess.

9.15am check in

Take library books back

HE PASSED! There's still more paperwork we have to do, but he got an amazing score and we should be starting a new, permanent job in a few months.

I really need an emoticon. Stupid iPad. Can someone else supply one?

And I got the boxes neatly organized. Bonus.

I'm tired.

But my kitchen is tid(ish)

School is done(ish) - we still have reading to do

Dinner is bought- Why did I let the kids convince me to make pizzas tonight? Why?

The big thing is we put away our Christmas tree. Well we brought it upstairs but it never made it to the attic. It is currently in one of the kids bedroom. I need to bring it all the way up.

Oh, and does anyone know if I can just buy a bubble for my Eldest to sleep in? His dust allergies are annoying and make me have to clean his room, vacuum dust, wipe down ceiling fan, bedding, ... once a week. I just crossed that chore off my list and it's back on already.

I want a bubble for him to crawl into at night. I'll zip it up and tada, his room wouldn't ever need to be dusted, vacuumed, ... again.

11.30 am check in

Take library books back

Have had a phone call and am now expecting visitors for lunch so stopped at the supermarket and grabbed some food. About to hang out the third load of washing. Not sure I will get to the other things on my list, maybe tonight when it cools down.